THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    United booking through Lagos, Nigeria

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

United booking through Lagos, Nigeria
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
Just thought that I'd pass along the information to anyone booking on United Airlines from Houston to Johannesburg connecting through Lagos, Nigeria. Nigeria does not allow transit with firearms.

United will not tell you that even when you tell them that you are travelling with a firearm, they tell you that you have to look it up yourself.

Thanks to Anne at Hunter's Support/ Air 2000 for letting me know so I could get my flight next month re-routed through Heathrow. I used frequent flyer miles and lost my business class seat across the Atlantic but still got them from London to Johannesburg. United did give me the exit row, window seat for free from LAX to Heathrow to try to make up for it.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12573 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago my daughter and son-in-law did a vacation trip to South Africa that involved a stop in Lagos going both ways. Both of them are very experienced international travellers. Following the trip both of them swear that they will NEVER AGAIN book a trip that involves a stop in Lagos.

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I travel quite regularly and I always seem to have more bad luck with United than with American or Delta (or Southwest or Frontier for that matter). I seem to always get stuck in Chicago O'Hare, or Newark or some other god-forsaken place.

Prior to booking any airline ticket, make sure you check out the issues with traveling with guns, at both the airlines, and the places where you connect.

There are too many horror stories of guns being held up in London and other "anti-gun" countries.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeeez I can't imagine flying with a Nigerian pilot!! or on a Nigerian plane..I sweat buckets if its not an American pilot on a American Plane, Been there done a few times, but never liked it..Picture in your mind the mechanic, the pilot, the maintenance, not a pretty picture 2020

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41942 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Jeeez I can't imagine flying with a Nigerian pilot!! or on a Nigerian plane..I sweat buckets if its not an American pilot on a American Plane, Been there done a few times, but never liked it..Picture in your mind the mechanic, the pilot, the maintenance, not a pretty picture 2020

That was United to Lagos and SAA from Lagos to Jo'berg.

I've flown Afghani Airways in Pakistan before so I can fly on anything now.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12573 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lagos is an open sewer. Do not go there. I have been nearly everywhere and will never go to Nigeria again.

Posts: 10253 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote