THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Tourist stuff after the hunt?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tourist stuff after the hunt?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'll be doing an 8 day hunt next October outside Port Elizabeth RSA and then my girlfriend will be joining me for a week or so. Has anyone spent time in the PE area and are willing to share their experiences? Is there enough of a variety of stuff to do in and around Addo to last a week? We're more of a boots on the ground couple than sit in the back of a rovie for a game drive.

Likewise if you can recommend any other areas in the RSA with a good variety of stuff to do for a week then I'd love to hear about it. The better the touristy stuff goes the easier it will be to get back to Africa Big Grin

Thanks for the help

Posts: 34 | Location: Arlington, VA | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
There's a really cheap strip club up by the airport staffed with young blond Russian girls......don't know if that would work with the GF though Cool

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LRH270:
There's a really cheap strip club up by the airport staffed with young blond Russian girls......don't know if that would work with the GF though Cool

I said I'd like to go back to Africa again not be buried there Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
Basically, for a week or a few days shy of a week, you two should go over to Cape Town and spend time in the City doing the Table Mountain cable car, the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens and a hike along the Table Mountain Contour Path that can end at the Botanical Gardens. Then go spend a night or two driving in the wine country. If you go north or ne of Cape Town, you can stop at some of the remote towns redolent of South AFrican History maybe Clanwilliam if the spring flowers are still out. Seem to recall Tulbagh is a nice town with an old church.

If you drive from PE, you could stop at Plettenberg Bay for sun and sand and carry on to Cape Town on the Garden Route, detouring to some good B&B's along the way (Stanford???) and maybe stopping a Hermanus, too and going from there through the wine country before arriving for your last few days in Cape Town proper.

Plenty to do in South Africa and driving is easy, just KEEP LEFT.
Regards

Posts: 1320 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In addition to Addo there is Shamware game reserve I think it is actually better for "boots on the Ground" than Addo.

Posts: 41792 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
In addition to Addo there is Shamware game reserve I think it is actually better for "boots on the Ground" than Addo.

Can you elaborate?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the wines around the cape they do tours, the tree top tour is neat, shark cage diving, go see the penguins etc, there lots of stuff to do there

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We did not get to spend much time there, we made a short stop for our PH to pick up some gear and his girlfriend his Dad, Johan Joubert is the Vet there. But we did see some brochures and talked to some tourists that were staying there. They do have a website, I dont have it at hand, but you should be able to search them on the web.

Posts: 41792 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote