Find
Notify
Tools

pants size
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bullwaller
posted
I was going to take some Levis over for my PH in July and was told his African size is 38-40. What is that in USA size?

Shoot first. Never trust horses or women and very few mules.

Posts: 144 | Location: Texas | Registered: 27 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Didn't realize Africans had their own pants size? Learn something new everyday I guess? Do they put them on one leg at a time like we do here? Wink

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My guide requested that I bring him a couple of pairs of "genuine" American Levis. He told me the size and which style (traditional 501's), so I went down to the local department store and bought them for him. He was delighted to have them (and the same inches are used in Africa as in the U.S.), but I was chagrined to find in small lettering on the tag "Made in Egypt". I had brought African jeans back to Africa for him!

Despite that, he proclaimed satisfaction and swears that the ones made for the American market are sewn better and with heavier denier cloth than those made for overseas markets.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bullwaller
posted Hide Post
Thanks. All the black Commanche's wanted me to bring them Levi's to.

Shoot first. Never trust horses or women and very few mules.

Posts: 144 | Location: Texas | Registered: 27 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Now I have this dilemma too! Is there a different sizing system or not?

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Our guide specified the size in inches of waist and inches of inseam, just as all jeans are labeled in the U.S. I didn't see him try them on, but from his tall, slender looks, the 34-36 he ordered was about right.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote