New
Find
Notify
Tools

Current Sanctions Zimbabwe
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have the list of current sactioned individuals or businesses in Zimbabwe. I leave in a week and on my gun insurance disclosure it does not pay claims in countries where the US has Trade Restrictions. I would like at least to see the US State Department position. Does any one have a good link.

Thanks,

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Who is your gun insurance with?

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I would suggest you change your insurance provider. As an NRA member you have some coverage...and adding additionl is an option. I hear very good things about their coverage. No BS!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
UEG, i have not concluded it yet but it would be with Eastern Insurance. They have a tremendous policy and it is very similar to Cor-Vens. I compared both. When I was reading the disclosure it just talks about not being covered in countries that are trade sanctioned with the US unless you have State Departement Approval. They are clearing it up with their lawyers now. I do not think it will be an issue but I am not discounting the Cor-Ven option yet.

Roscoe, I have never seen anything with the NRA insurance or the SAIA through SCI that even compares with these guys. With SAIA you must have the gun detailed and the coverage is very near what a full 100k policy is with the other guys.

Thanks for comments,

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
Hi Larry

It is my understanding that the US does not have Trade sanctions against the State of Zimbabwe , but it does have targeted Sanctions against specific individuals who are listed. This might be a grey area and knowing Insurance companies , this might be a loop hole to give them an out.

I did have a client who had a policy with Eastern last year who submitted a claim, but it was due to a lost weapon in South Africa not Zim.....but he did declare that he had been hunting in Zim and they paid out anyway.

Hope you enjoy your hunt and look me up for a beer

Posts: 459 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 May 2010Reply With Quote