Find
Notify
Tools

old fashioned Battlefields
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted
Sorry Guys Frowner, maybe this post will be banned, for improper location, perhaps bewilderedthe right place is "the political forum" or BowHunting" forum Big Grin, but all of us who travel periodically to the dark continent, our loved Africa, shurely will want to take a look & be in knoledgement of some sad & dangerous moments in our favorite continent destination.
Was sended to me by e-mail from a Euro cousin, but he only said me: What the stupid antiguns will be thinking now ? animalI think this little encounter was between two political factions after the electoral fraud in Kenia, any aditional info will be aprecciatted thumb, you dont will see this on CNN Big Grin. wave Regards, Guillermo.

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What was that some kind of reinactment?

Should have just tossed a basketball or watermelon amongst em!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That probably stings a bit. Looks like the barbs will make it tough to pull out.

the chef

One of Us
Picture of JohnCrighton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kudu56:

Hmm - well if THAT statement doesn't get this thread locked/banned, I'll be surprised.

Guillermo - neat pictures. Must have been a re-enactment of some sort. The x-rays are interesting - God knows I've taken some interesting ones myself at the hospital I work at - mostly strange objects inserted into orifices, or work-related accidents involving nail guns!

Though the weirdest are the people who swallow things on purpose.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 555 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: 09 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is why they should ban the ability to make anonymous posts.

Mike

Posts: 21248 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
The photographs are from fighting between Luo and Kikuyu factions, probably last January. They are not reenactement photos at all. In France televised news broadcasts showed several skirmishes between rival groups in Kenya, all armed with either bows or pangas, which in most cases were rapidly contained by the Army or Police. Unfortunately, there were quite a few deaths.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot an arrow in the air, where it land I know not where.....
I don't think there will ever be any peace there ever.

Posts: 428 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The patient is lucky in that the arrow really has not done any significant damage. If they have a competent oral surgeon, removal of the arrow point and shaft is easy. If the anticipated infection is properly managed, the patient will have a full recovery. I know the radiograph looks bad, but the reality...it is a minor injury.

Posts: 405 | Location: Dallas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wow man I talked to you several times on the phone in yrs past and I thought you were better than that!

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
DaleW..Given a shortage of anasthetics and the sanitary habits of the average witch doctor I suspect minor might not be the operative word.

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Well at one time it was democracy with one vote equalling one bullet.

Well now it has deteoriated to "one vote = one arrow".

FFFFing snoobabs!

I bet the x-ray machine is courteous of the WHO.

Leave the snoobabs to themselves long enough and they forget how to use the wheel.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote