Find
Notify
Tools

Transiting Thru Dubai
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of AK145
posted
When flying through Dubai, and not leaving the airport, do you have to collect your luggage and re-check in customs?...or does it fly right thru from your originating destination to final?

I've always flown a direct route from either ATL or DC...never had to stop somewhere for a layover along the way.

Also...firearms don't seem to be a big deal on Emirates correct? Looks like you must give them prior notice but that's about it?

Thanks!

Posts: 217 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 15 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Well, we over-nighted in Dubai so I can't help you about a trip straight through.

But I do know there are two separate permits needed to transit Dubai. I used Steve Turner at Travel with Guns and he took care of the permits. I checked my rifles in Houston and picked them up in Harare; nothing to do at all in Dubai. Emirates is highly recommended.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is no need to collect luggage as you can check it all the way through, even if you do overnite (for one night in any case). Emirates now has a web based form you can fill out.

Saeed posted a link to it on this forum on September 9th and it's currently on the following page.

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have Transit through Dubai 4 times and overnight ed at The Emirates hotel there . I was able to check my baggage including the guns straight through to my destination Harare without claiming them at customs . Last time I was able to spend a day there and tour the sites checking baggage and gun straight through to my final destination SFO. All arranged by Susan at Travel with Guns

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote