THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Martin Pieters Safaris in August

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martin Pieters Safaris in August
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Flipper Dude
posted
The wife and I will be hunting with Martin Pieters Safaris in Omay North mid August. Not sure of our PH. They all come with good recommendations. Afterward spending 3 nights at Hwange Nat'l park & on to Vic Falls for a couple of days. Will be our 3rd safari, but first for dangerous game. I must say that I have really enjoyed reading the forums on this site, and they have proven to be a valuable source of info and enjoyment!

Counting the days!

Posts: 261 | Location: Huffman, TX.  | Registered: 04 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Flip, welcome to AR. There are a lot of very knowledgeable folks here who have spend many days hunting in Africa and elsewhere. There's always something to learn. Your first dangerous game hunt? I'll bet you'll be booked again for a future hunt before you board the plane home from this one!! :-)

Posts: 20094 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
did this hunt in Oct 2010- fantastic!! worked my ass off for a buffalo and enjoyed every minute of it.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13179 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I hunted with one of Martin's PH's back in 08 in the Tuli Block. Bruce Cronje. We took a leopard and Elephant Bull. Bruce is a hell of a lot of fun to hunt and hang around with.

Hope you have a great time.

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Have enjoyed three Safaris to that area.
Its quite rare to get a bad PH in Zim.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best of luck. I will be taking my first DG hunt with Martin the first week in September. He's been great to deal with, even agreed to give me the PH with a wooden leg so I could keep up.

One of Us
Picture of Flipper Dude
posted Hide Post
4-5-0,

I will be sure and save you the next to biggest buff that I see!

Posts: 261 | Location: Huffman, TX.  | Registered: 04 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Much appreciated, I'll be at the Chifudze camp so be sure to give him a map and directions. I'm sure you are excited as I am.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys will have a fabulous time with Martin's crew. My son and I hunted with Martin, last August, in the Omay North. We stayed at the McKenzie Camp. It was a beautiful remote area overlooking lake Kariba. We took cow cape buff, tuskless ele, and hippo, on that trip. Our ph was Scott Bailey and he was super! Our cameraman/all around assistant was Mike Blignaut. Every time I think about the trip, it brings a smile to my face......

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Martin the last three years and can't add much to what the others said. You will have a great and exciting adventure... enjoy! PM me if you have any questions and I will be happy to shoot you a phone number if you want to talk. I am just down Highway 59!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
There is a plaque on the side of one of the Chifudze chalets stating "JudgeG slept here". It's kind of like those for George Washington when he made his tour of the U.S. after his Good Will Tour of 1791. Please take a picture of it and post it here.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7547 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
There is a plaque on the side of one of the Chifudze chalets stating "JudgeG slept here". It's kind of like those for George Washington when he made his tour of the U.S. after his Good Will Tour of 1791. Please take a picture of it and post it here.

I didn't see that when I was there.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12552 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Of course there isn't one, but there should be a "JudgeG s--- here" plaque where the night guard and I, in pitch black dark, bumped into each other one night when I was "feeling" my way back to my chalet. I think we woke up the dead with our shouts, then laughter.

I always take a head lamp and extra batteries, now.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7547 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge G, I'll gladly track it down and snap a photo. Of course if it's not there you may need to return for an on site investigation, might as well have gun in hand also. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And many thanks for the encouraging words and offers. AR has been a great resource for 'real' information that helped put it all together.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be in Omay North with my son from August 1 to 10, son hunting first Cape Buffalo and I will be hunting Crocs. We will just miss you.

Good Luck

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flipper Dude
posted Hide Post
Leave us a couple, would ya, Begno? It is very encouraging to hear good reports about Martin and his outfit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My friend and I will be hunting with Pieters Aug 6-12 in the Omay. See you there.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2638 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flipper Dude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by df06:
My friend and I will be hunting with Pieters Aug 6-12 in the Omay. See you there.

We will be arriving in camp on the 13th, I believe, just missing you. Best of luck on your hunt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:

I didn't see that when I was there.

When I was at Chifudzi, I heard that Brent Hine made the staff take down a sign that they had put out that said, "JudgeG snored here!" They said it was so bad that he chased the hyenas away.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will be in a great area and with a terrific company. My 1st Africa hunt was for buffalo in Omay north with one of Martin's PH's, Lindon Stanton. The hunt was incredible, infrastructure was exceptional, and I could not have been happier with Lindon & his expertise, work ethic, and "can do" personality.