Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia Firearm Import Form
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone have a current blank Namibia Firearm Import Form that a hunter could have completed prior t6o arriving in Namibia?

One of Us
Picture of Devildawg66
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Namibian Form

Please tell me if it is downlodable.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KUDUBULL
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is downloadable.

Nice work!

Ray Matthews
Matthews Outdoor Adventures
2808 Bainbridge Trail
Mansfield, Texas 76063

Posts: 321 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just fill in this simple form and show up??? Seems to good to be true!!!!

Bob Clark

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is nearly as easy as that.

My first year the Office didn't want the nice new form I had filled out, he wanted me to fill out the form barely legible they had which had been copied untold times.

The second time it was no problem having a form pre-filled out.

Show up, claim your gun case, wait your turn, open the case and have him check the serial #'s and you'll be on your way.

Good times.

Posts: 105 | Location: Missoula MT | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
I had to open also the ammo box, they just gave a look and all finish. If I remember well they gave me an importation official receipt. Anything else. I had more problem in the border area where the officer, a big mama Wink, did not belive that I do not have chocolate in my baggage as present for the outfitters. So take care, don't smuggle chocolate in Namibia, it is very dangerous Cool Big Grin Wink

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, I have never been hassled ,or, bothered by any Namibian official in two trips; in fact, they have gone out of their way to help me. When my luggage did not make the trip, last month, the policeman took me to the lost baggage counter and went out into the concourse and brought my PH, Janneman Brand, back into the baggage claim area to give accurate directions to the camp for baggage delivery. Try that at DFW or Atlanta.

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Just got back from Namibia last night. Had no trouble at all. Filled out the form in advance. Of course there were about 30 hunter trying to pick up their guns and permit at the same time. Poor woman using carbon paper to make 3 hand written copies. Waiting your turn sure played better than trying to butt in line. Remember to have the form when you leave along with the number of shells you are leaving with.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only thing I couldn't figure out on the form was what to put for "Type" in the ammuntion section. I put "Remington" but the Italian guy in front of me at the firearms counter put "Bullet". It did not seem to matter to the police as long as something was written in the box - he did not even want to see my ammuntion.

Scott

Posts: 307 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Windhoek police were very helpful to me, too, when my luggage and rifles were delayed. But when the luggage and rifles were delivered to the hunting camp two days later, the firearms import form I had filled out was not with the guns. So when leaving, we had to have a long chat with the police ladies abut why I did not have the form. They looked me up and knew I had registered, however, so all was well in the end.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had planned on downloading the Namibian firearms form and having it completed before arriving in Windhoek. I just received an email from my outfitter Dirk Rohrman and he tells me that the old form is obsolete. Namibian officials have a new form which must be completed when you arrive. That's all I know now . If I find more info, I will post again. ^ days and counting to leave for Namibia. Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got back from Namibia. Some guys had there form filled out when they arrived and went to the front of the line. No problems. Even easier leaving. Sure not South Africa as I also went there for a hunt on this trip.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of f224
posted Hide Post
Just got back from Namibia myself, all of Africa could learn a less or two from the Namibia police on how to deal with gun permits.

Very professional and simple process.

Captain Dave Funk
Operator
www.BlaserPro.com

Posts: 840 | Location: Dallas, Iowa, USA | Registered: 05 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kind of off-topic, but those of you who have already been there might be able to answer this. I will be flying to Windhoek via Jo-Burg. I will not leave the airport and will only be there long enough to change planes. My bags will be ticketed all the way through from my point of the departure in the US to Windhoek. My question is this: is there any point in hiring Air2000, Optima or some similar service, since I will not even see my rifle in Jo-Burg?

Posts: 281 | Location: southern Wisconsin | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Short answer - NO! If you check your bags all the way thru to WDH and don't leave the Int'l Terminal in JBG, you won't see them until you're standing there in the airport. Really easy trip.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blank,

That is the plan. Thanks for the response. I couldn't see why I would need Optima or some such, but you read such frightening things here that I wondered.

Posts: 281 | Location: southern Wisconsin | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will be flying to Windhoek via Jo-Burg. I will not leave the airport and will only be there long enough to change planes.

How do you do that? All of the flights that I'm aware of from the U.S. into Jburg arrive too late to catch the last flight out that day to WDH. As a result, you have to overnight in JBurg. Did you find a flight combo that works? Have you considered what happens if your plane from the U.S. is a couple of hours late (not that that would ever happen!)

Posts: 13235 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stonecreek,

My plane gets into Jo-Burg late in the day and I get an early evening flight to Windhoek. The scheduled 2 1/2 hours in between is a bit tight. However, the alternative was to lengthen the trip by at least one day and spend an overnight stay in Jo-Burg. On balance, I decided to take the risk that the planes will run (enough) on time rather than deal with the hassles of customs, immigration, firearms import, etc.

one of us
posted Hide Post
wihntr,

Keep your fingers crossed on your connections. Do you have a "Plan B" if your arrival is late?

I was somewhat put off by the potential problems of traveling through S. Africa, so I booked through Frankfurt, Germany. Air Namibia flies directly to Windhoek from there, and your baggage is checked all the way through from your initial embarkation in the U.S. (with Delta, who has a baggage agreement with Air Namibia).

Another problem I had was getting from my home to Dulles in time to catch the outgoing flight. I would have had to fly to D. C. the day before in order to catch the Dulles-Jburg flight, which would have potentially meant two nights in hotels (one in D.C. and one in S.A.), adding many total hours to the trip as well as $$$ for lodging and having to manage your guns overnight in two very gun-uncomfortable parts of the world.

However, the best laid plans of mice and men . . . international travel is always a crapshoot, and it being the high tourist season with rampant airline overbooking, you can get bumped off of your very first flight leg. No matter how well we plan, how early we start, or how much we spend, we are always at the mercy of the airlines, the vagueries of the weather, labor disputes, incompetent bureaucrats, political disagreements, and even international confusion over time zones and daylight savings time.

Pay and pray.

Posts: 13235 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote