Find
Notify
Tools

CPAP for travel
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted
Hello, I have reviewed all the old CPAP advice and used that advice on my last trip to Africa a few years back.

I was wondering if anyone had experience or can recommend a small, light, dependable CPAP that can operate on batteries in addition to AC power?

My 12 year old CPAP is large and heavier- still works though.

I have been looking at models such as Z1, S( Auto set and Transcend Travel.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I travel extensively for work. I have a CPAP for travel. It works great.

It will also run on a battery.

When I get home, i will check the name and post it.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
Thanks Larry.

Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have/use a ResMed VPAP all the time. I have the ResMed power station(battery set up) that I use on all trips away from home. The battery can be charged while the generator is running in camp, from a vehicle cig lighter or plug in, or directly from another battery. Works perfect and I can get two nights sleep with it before the charge is drained. Would highly recommend this type of setup. Hope this helps. PM if you would like more info.

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
R8 Blaser
Sabatti "trash" Double Shooter

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine is a Transcend. Very small and lightweight .

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i second the transcend i use it on camping trips and on safari

One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
Thank you; I will check out those models.

Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We're all getting old, but with the support of technology, it's do-able! :-)

Posts: 20090 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
On my trip last sept, I just brought a 500 watt power inverter and used a spare battery in camp. I was able to use the battery for 7 days easily before we would switch it with the cruiser battery and it still had more than enough power left to start the diesel cruiser. I have fairly high settings using machine for 7-9 hrs night and my settings were between 10 to 19 with about 12-14 L/hr of leaks.

If you have that much to fight for, then you should be fighting. The sentiment that modern day ordinary Canadians do not need firearms for protection is pleasant but unrealistic. To discourage responsible deserving Canadians from possessing firearms for lawful self-defence and other legitimate purposes is to risk sacrificing them at the altar of political correctness."

- Alberta Provincial Court Judge Demetrick

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
go on line to the "Cpap Shop" They have a website and look at travel cpap's. I am just using them as a reference because their website is easy to look at and navigate. The travel one I got from them is about the size of a softball without the humidifier. You will need electricity to run the humidifier but not the unit itself. The humidifier and base is twice the size of the actual Cpap unit. You can velcro it to your leg on the plane flight it is that small.. I got a 2 day battery for it that will charge from a cigarette lighter or 110/220 volt electricity so you could charge it everyday in the cruiser while driving if no electricity in camp. I use it at home during power outages. Quiet, small, Auto

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a CPAP noob, had my machine about a week. I've been exploring travel options and ran across this:
http://blog.proventtherapy.com...eprint-Ventus-R8.pdf

It looks like an interesting option. The disposables sell for about $65 for a month's supply. Since I'm a physician, I called the company and they are sending out some prescribing info and a few samples. The online CPAP venders sell them.

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote