THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    WARNING:Archery equipment being seized on way to Africa

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WARNING:Archery equipment being seized on way to Africa
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.huntingreport.com/w...te.cfm?articleid=552

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9374 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
No Leatherman in your luggage? Confused

Say it ain't true, Kathi. In your job, you can't take chances, though, can you?

Hopefully, this is just another histrionic report (like several others lately from the Report) and it's not as bad as it first seems, but if not, there goes some great connections to Tanzania from my home.

Alas!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7547 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If true, I wonder what possible rationale there could be for the rule. That just sounds too bizarre to be an accurate report.

Posts: 567 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdirks:
If true, I wonder what possible rationale there could be for the rule. That just sounds too bizarre to be an accurate report.

Yup, it's true. And it's THE reason why I had to change my travel plans to South Africa when I went there a couple years ago.

I don't understand the law, but I wasn't going to argue the point. I just decided that seeing the Netherlands wasn't that important to me...

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good Bloody Grief!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Good News; you can still buy Heroin there legally.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
and to think American Soldiers fought and died to liberate them....

Pathetic!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's insane. You can haul a hundred .600 NE cartridges and the rifle to shoot them with that would take out a light armored vehicle, but you can't take broadheads? Seems like the bureaucrats who wrote that are hangin out in the hash cafes a bit too much. That's idiotic!

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BwanaCole
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
The Good News; you can still buy Heroin there legally.

You can buy weed in "coffee shops" in the Netherlands, not smack. They have a a lax view on weed but are BRUTAL on anything else.

I've read a number of your other posts and you consistantly demonstrate a narrow US centric view of the world (i.e., asking overseas outfitters to exchange currency rates to USD for you, etc.) That is the the kind of behaviour that the rest of the planet finds exasperating of Americans. As an American expat I often end up being an apologist for my own countrymen! I think you need to update your passport and get out in the bigger world a little bit, or at least, get the facts right. Big Grin

Is it idiotic? Well, not to them. It's their country, their rules. The best thing we can do is vote with our dollars. If you don't like it, don't fly KLM or via Schipol (which I don't on general principle!)

H. Cole Stage III, FRGS
ISC(PJ), USN (Ret)

"You do not have a right to an opinion. An opinion should be the result of careful thought, not an excuse for it."

Harlan Ellison

" War is God's way to teach Americans geography." Ambrose Bierce

Posts: 378 | Registered: 28 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sfhr:

Is it idiotic? Well, not to them. It's their country, their rules. The best thing we can do is vote with our dollars. If you don't like it, don't fly KLM or via Schipol (which I don't on general principle!)

I agree with the above statement. I don't agree with the Dutch's stance on archery equipment, so I decided that when we went to Africa, we wouldn't fly through their country.

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote