THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Bringing buckshot but no shotgun

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bringing buckshot but no shotgun
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I want to bring some buckshot for the PH in case some one manages to wound a leopard. I will not have a shotgun. It this a problem in Zim?

Posts: 11980 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes! Don't do it.

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12873 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
mark:

What happens? Do they throw you in jail? Give you a $10 fine? Or???

Posts: 11980 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Might end up in a Zim jail with a free "foot long" shocker. Hard on (no pun intended) your tail bone Wink IMHO, not worth the risk. No good deed goes unpunished!!

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I may just take my own shotgun.

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
No conflict that way.

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Yes! Don't do it.

tu2 tu2 tu2

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
If you take your own shotgun, there will be no problems.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1362 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Instead of buckshot though...I would choose some of those Dead-Coyote loads of T-sized Hevi-shot. Much better and denser pattern, Hevi-shot will NOT deform, very adequate penetration on leopard type animals at charge type ranges.

Just for grins sometime...pattern your shotgun with buckshot (esp the big sizes) and then compare to T Hevi-shot through an Imp Cylinder...I bet you'll be amazed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Larry,

FWIW, I took two boxes of shells and no shotgun on my recent trip to Zim. I entered at Bulawayo. The customs guy, who seemed to be the man in charge, asked me about them and I told him they were for birds, using the PH's shotgun. He asked if we would shoot all of them during our stay and when I said we would, he seemed convinced and we moved on. After that encounter, I'm not sure it is worth the hassle if you encounter an agent who wants to cause a problem.

Posts: 1046 | Location: Kerrville, Texas USA | Registered: 02 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Agree with Mark Young.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, I have taken shot shells to Zim many times with never a problem. When they have asked what it is for I tell them hunting birds and they are ok with it. I have even asked my observer who was not hunting with no rifle to bring shotgun shells and also no problem. It is not illegal, just list it on your form in triplicate. If for any reason they objected, they can just confiscate it.

York, SC

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
THIS WAS TAKEN FROM THE AFRICA HUNTING.COM WEBSITE:

Zimbabwe Weapon / Ammunition Importation Procedures

- Temporary importation of firearms and ammunition into Zimbabwe is free of charge and the process is quick and easy. Should you be traveling with bows and arrows to and/or through Zimbabwe, there is no required permit or charges.

- Hunters entering Zimbabwe with firearm(s) and ammunition must complete in duplicate a Certificate To Possess Firearms Form F.R. 20 for all firearm(s) and/or ammunition in their possession. Click here to print a copy of this form, we would strongly recommend that you fill out the form in duplicate beforehand, leaving them unsigned and carry it with you to Zimbabwe, along with a third copy for yourself. Your hunting outfitter does not need to receive a copy of this form.

- This application form F.R. 20 must be submitted upon entry while declaring your firearm(s) and ammunition at the customs hall of the airport, where your temporary import/export permit will be issued.

- A maximum of one hundred (100) rounds of ammunition may be imported per hunting rifle, however you may encounter greater restrictions from the airline(s) you are traveling on or country you are departing from or other countries you may be visiting or transiting through. For more information on this topic, read the Africa Hunting article, Laws & Regulations for Hunters Traveling with Weapons by clicking here.

- Only ammunition for the specific caliber(s) you are bringing may be imported.

Carefully read the very last sentence. This means that you CANNOT LEGALLY bring in any ammunition unless you are bringing in a corresponding firearm. It doesn't matter if you've gotten away with it before or not. IT IS ILLEGAL. Larry: You're smarter than that, I hope.