THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Emirates economy or business class

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Emirates economy or business class
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Will be on Emorates for the first time this spring. Will be traveling with my wife. I normally buy 3 economy seats to get the space vs business class.
On my way! Emirates, is the economy class seating better than Delta or Lufthansa?
In other words, is having 3 seats going to be " just fine for a flight from Houston to the Middle East.
Thoughts?

Posts: 10201 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Emirates economy seats are narrow - also not 100 percent sure the rest is moveable.

I am cheap and never fly business or first - even if someone is paying for it.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
The only way I would fly Emirates again would be business class and then only if it were the cheapest option of airlines available. To each his own and my good buddy Mjines swears by Emirates, but my experience was not that stellar.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I have to say the seats stink . . . more so if you happen to have a Dwight Howard physique like Russell. On the Airbus 380 the arm rests do go up and on one flight where I had a whole three-seat row to myself I was able to lay down and got some decent sleep. I think three seats would be fine so long as you understand it is still coach and while the extra room is nice, do not expect to be comfortable particularly since it is a long flight. The reason I like Emirates is that (i) being in Houston it eliminates a connection and the potential for a missed connection, a luggage snafu, etc., (ii) the layover in Dubai gives you a chance to rest and clean up before the last leg, (iii) Emirates allows you to avoid Jo'burg, and (iv) Emirates is usually a good bit cheaper than Delta or SAA. However, I would certainly not pick Emirates based on cabin comfort . . . at least in coach.

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I will be flying Emirates for the first time in about 19 days, we are flying business class and the fares were much, much less than Delta, who we usually fly. One big plus for Emirates business class is that they will send a car to pick you up and deliver you to the terminal and at the end of your journey, will drive you back to your house (mileage restrictions apply, each airport has a different limit). We are staying in Dubai for a couple of days and they offer the same pick up and delivery service during our stay there as well. My wife and I are looking forward to the flight and we hope the service is as good as we have been told.
We have flown Delta business class to Joburg a number of times and really like it, I hope Emirates is as good or better.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2770 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HARDBALLER
posted Hide Post
Emirates economy seating is the same as most other carriers. Emirates, in my opinion, has better food, inflight WiFi for $1, and better looking flight attendants along with better service. I would fly Emirates over Delta in a heart beat.

Posts: 194 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Emirates Business Class. And the new Airbus BC compartments are the best BC I've ever flown. I did try their Coach back in 2011 but I'm just too big - my shoulders extend beyond the seat on both sides - and too old for Coach seating.

I hate JNB and will avoid it whenever possible, and Emirates makes that possible when going to most African countries.

Emirates periodically offers some great deals on BC tickets. Buying Coach and using miles to upgrade is an option but they frequently do not allow mileage upgrades on some legs until the last 48-24 hours before departure. In 2014 we used miles for upgrades but only got it on 3 of the 4 legs.

Steve and staff at Travel With Guns handles all firearms paperwork as well as ticketing on Emirates.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1

I have flown Emirates 4 times love. Love the fact that I overnight at Dubai in their hotel on their dime All new equipment either 777 or Airbus 380 would not go another way .

quote:
Originally posted by HARDBALLER:
Emirates economy seating is the same as most other carriers. Emirates, in my opinion, has better food, inflight WiFi for $1, and better looking flight attendants along with better service. I would fly Emirates over Delta in a heart beat.

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote