THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    WSJ story: AMEX building their own airport lounges

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WSJ story: AMEX building their own airport lounges
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Wall St. Journal had a story today about AMEX building their own lounges - interesting...

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I went to the one at Las Vegas Airport, much nicer than most Delta Lounges, much better food and no humus!

Posts: 1093 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the one in Dallas, free massages that day. 5 times nicer than Crown Room, very good food and not just nuts and cheese. only have them in Dallas and LV right now is what the gal told me...

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Great news! They need to build one in Atlanta! Might try the one in Las Vegas. Big Grin

one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Great news! They need to build one in Atlanta!...

Agreed. However, if they are going to build one in Atl they might as well build 7 with all the concourses.

I'm not sure if this is good news or not. At least Delta has lounges in 90% of the places I fly to. As long as they keep the arrangement with Delta I think it is great. They have already lost the arrangement with American and United and if they lose Delta they won't be able to open enough lounges to make the Platinum card worth while.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jorge400:
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Great news! They need to build one in Atlanta!...

Agreed. However, if they are going to build one in Atl they might as well build 7 with all the concourses.

I'm not sure if this is good news or not. At least Delta has lounges in 90% of the places I fly to. As long as they keep the arrangement with Delta I think it is great. They have already lost the arrangement with American and United and if they lose Delta they won't be able to open enough lounges to make the Platinum card worth while.

Delta is so tied to AMEX that won't happen.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you look at their website, it says you can get access to about 900 lounges worldwide...Bidvest (?) in Joburg and other airports. Reasonable fee to join, but two lowest levels of membership require fee to be paid for each visit. We used to get a 30 day membership for Delta Sky Clubs but since that apparently is no longer an option, we will be looking in to the Amex option.

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2910 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote