THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Looks like UPS is still an option. Do they ship from RSA?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like UPS is still an option. Do they ship from RSA?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
The spokeswoman for the global shipping giant told The Post on Tuesday that UPS follows U.S. and international laws, not public opinion, in determining what it will and won’t ship.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3046 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe UPS will entertain the idea of scheduling a passenger flight or two each week to Africa (hunters only on board). Sounds like so far they are one of the few "good guys" left out there.

Larry Sellers
SCI (International) Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You an always put have your trophies shipped via a .....ship! Cheaper anyway, and what's an extra 3 weeks or so when you've already waited a year?

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, that always amazed me, that we wait 4-6 months while they play around with all the processing and paperwork for our trophy animals, then ship them by air.

Posts: 20090 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Yes, that always amazed me, that we wait 4-6 months while they play around with all the processing and paperwork for our trophy animals, then ship them by air.

Sea shipping can be a real hassle if you've not dealt with the port. I would hire someone to deal with that mess.

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The CEO at UPS is a close friend and former neighbor of an SCI board member. I suspect this has some impact.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
quote:
UPS follows U.S. and international laws, not public opinion, in determining what it will and won’t ship.

Some common Sense at last. Nothing common about it actually.

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Maybe UPS will entertain the idea of scheduling a passenger flight or two each week to Africa (hunters only on board). Sounds like so far they are one of the few "good guys" left out there.

Larry Sellers

I don't know if they still do it but in the past I believe they did take passengers on some flights.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that UPS is a public company they could be subject to some activism. We need to be vigilant.

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was reported on 20/20 last night that UPS was no longer shipping trophies, but the UPS website says nothing about such a ban.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2770 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
It was reported on 20/20 last night that UPS was no longer shipping trophies, but the UPS website says nothing about such a ban.

Karl, If you have any sway with UPS and they are still shipping trophies I would recommend that UPS go after 20/20 for a retraction.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grumulkin:
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:

Larry Sellers

I don't know if they still do it but in the past I believe they did take passengers on some flights.

They did, for a short time do vacation charters to resort destinations. AFAIK UPS has not done any passenger service for quite some time. The only people who can ride on a freighter are certified couriers, company employees, certain law enforcement personal and military inspectors.