THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Places to stay things to do in Cape Town

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Places to stay things to do in Cape Town
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JohnHunt
posted
Any recomendations for a family in late July?

Thanks,
John

Posts: 1678 | Registered: 16 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dear John

This one has been done. Take a look at:

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...=633101422#633101422

there's a separate thread that's specific to families but the system is so slow I can't call it up. Use your FIND button and input Kirstenbosch or contour path and uncheck the search this forum only square and go for it.

Regards, Tim

PS Here's the other thread: https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...=297107028#297107028

Posts: 1319 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For hotels I always stay at The Commodore which is in the V&A Wharf area. It is VERY nice, perhaps a bit expensive but nice. [its' sister hotel adjacent is The Portswood is just as convenient and maybe not so expensive

The tour to Cape Point which includes the penguins, and Simonstown is a long half day probably, but can be stretched out to a full day.

The cable car to the top of Table Mountain is a "Must" if you have a clear day. 1/2 day max.

A day trip tour of the wine country is one of my favorite things to do, though really an adult sort of trip.

Shopping around the V&A Wharf is fun as is the native craft shopping in the "green market square" in the city itself. Though not too many "bargains" anywhere.

The wharf area is entertaining though, esp. on weekend days.

There is also Robbin Island, whale watching, shark diving, and such like tourist things.

For tour examples please see Piepers Cape
I have used Klaus for tours and airport transfers a few times.
I have also used other tour companies arranged by the hotel concierge and been pleased as well. I think that anyone the hotels recommend will be good.

These are the people that provided the full day wine lands tour I did two years ago.
They have prices of the tours here - note that a private vehicle could be arranged.
Cape Escape Tours

Have fun, Cape Town is a great place to visit.

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote