THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Where to stay in Livingstone?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to stay in Livingstone?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My girlfriend and I will be in Livingstone, Zambia, for two days in July of this year, about a week after the World Cup ends. Any recommendations on places to stay, other than the Zambezi Sun and the Royal Livingstone? We're not really people who spend much time in the hotel, so a clean, friendly, reasonably-priced place would meet our needs, even if it wasn't particularly memorable. I figure the falls and the activities surrounding them will be the memorable part, along with the hunting we'll be doing in the following weeks.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Sorry I can't offer anything other than those you mention. My wife and I stayed at both, loved them both, but our favorite was the Royal Livingstone. It is a wonderful plac to sit outdoors, with drink in hand, and watch the sun go down while hippos grunt and elephants cross the river. However, beware of the monkeys, they will will drop out of no where and steal you blind. We watched one surveil a woman, and when her back was turned, he stole her cigarettes out of her purse and ran back into his tree. It was hilarious!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go across the river and stay with Russell Caldecott If you can work out the firearms. We stayed at the Royal Livingstone this past June but, in reality, we were never in the hotel long enough to justify the cost.

joec

Posts: 158 | Location: texas panhandle | Registered: 15 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kaizer
posted Hide Post
I agree with joec above. If you can work out the arrangements, then you should definitely try to stay at The Ultimate Lodge, Russ Caldecott's place in Vic Falls. You will love Russ (a former PH), his place, and his staff. Check out his website or PM some of the folks who have stayed there. You won't be disappointed!

Posts: 92 | Location: Near Illinois-Wisconsin Border | Registered: 20 November 2007Reply With Quote