THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Interesting goings-on at SAA...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting goings-on at SAA...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Seems there's a bit of unrest among the natives communists...go figger...

http://www.thetimes.co.za/News/Article.aspx?id=950494

http://www.sowetan.co.za/News/Article.aspx?id=950286

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jetdrvr

Gotta love it, makes me roll with laughter everytime it comes up. the fish rotts from its head down and that is one smelly fish

I have gained and lost from their little foot stamping outside of the SAA offices.

Lost - i own a recruitment company that does a lot of labour broking, govn has now passed a law that no company may be a labour broker and only individuals are allowed to be labour brokers. thing is that if they were more reliable and did not sleep, steal or be generally useless and corrupt then people would hire more staff perminently. also having labour laws that just about prevent you from getting rid of a bad apple does not help.

Gained - the thievery and corruption within SAA has cost them a freight contract that they had with a major local freight company, they have been given notice and we will be running a MD 80 for quite a while as from next month.

So in general, thank you SAA for your feet stamping, slow feet and sticky fingers. I will forever be grateful.

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What route will you fly the MD 80 on?

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jhb - Bloem - CT - P.E. - Durban - Polokwane - Jhb, not all the time, some flight may be just directly to P.E. Why?

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm alway courious as to what is happening with air service in SA.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's a real shame about what is happening to SAA. They have a propensity to shoot themselves repeatedly in the foot. Things keep going the way they are, they won't be in business in five years.

Better companies than they are have gone under. Eastern, TWA and Pan Am come to mind, companies that were flagship carriers in their heyday. SAA is falling on it's own sword. I remember when it was a great airline.

Good luck with your MD 80. Never flew one, but have a bunch of simulator time in it. Piece of cake and a good airplane.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote