Find
Notify
Tools

Vic Falls evening cruise
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted
On way to camp will be in Vic Falls for couple nights. Thus looking for recommendations for evening cruise or ??

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 926 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Do the Vic Falls Safari Dinner Cruise for sure. I've done both the booze cruise and the dinner cruise. Dinner cruise is hands down better. I'll be doing it again next month when we are there for a conference.

One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
Dinner cruise --name?

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 926 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
My Daughters favorite and she been on all of them for Gracy Travel. She said that Sunrise was better then Sunset. And that the big dinner boat had too many people on it, the private boat was better. The big dinner did have live entertainment.

https://pure.africa

Posts: 754 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My favorite thing in Victoria Falls was an ultralight flight over the falls. Great views and I had always wanted to ride in an ultralight. If I remember correctly, the cost was about $120 about 8 years ago.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My daughters favourite thing about flying over Victoria Falls was the engagement ring she was given!

Posts: 295 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 24 March 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might be a bit off topic, but a friend told me last week that the Victoria Falls Hotel had sold and the new owner is remodeling the hotel. Also said they have stayed there many times and the remodel is changing the atmosphere of the place, more like just about any chain hotel in the US. Found a press release verifying the “refashioning”, link below.

https://www.victoriafallshotel...68/Press-Release.pdf

Karl Evans

Posts: 2759 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Victoria Falls Hotel press release linked to above is pretty old, dated Sept 2022 and stated that the program started in 2021. I stayed there in June 2023 and the atmosphere certainly was not anything like "any chain hotel in the US." I am interested in what might be going on there now, but could not find anything on line about a new owner.

Posts: 176 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I was there in November 2023 and will be there in May of this year. No changes that I could see, but I didn't stay in any of the rooms this time. And in May, we will be doing the dinner cruise and the breakfast cruise both. Our dinner cruises have been very comfortable with maybe 30 people at most, on the cruise. If there's a big dinner cruise boat I've not been on it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The hotel and grounds are owned by the Zimbabwe Railway and the hotel has been managed by African Sun Hotels and Meikles Hospitality. Albwardy Investments, based in Dubai bought Meikles Hospitality, including their hotels. According to the person who told me about this, they are slowly “updating” guest rooms and said the updated rooms lack much of the charm of the old rooms. Maybe they were wrong, maybe those that visit soon can give an update.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2759 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I stayed in a premium room for 4 days at The Victoria Falls Hotel last September and it was awesome. I had an ele hunt to follow in Zambia so I had to do two border crossings and both were uneventful. Buzz Charlton introduced me to cheryl@exclusivetouchafrica.net and she handled all of my bookings flawlessly.
The evening river cruise I did was very quiet and we saw Ele, croc, hippo and buffalo.
There were 12 tourists on board and we did our viewing from the top deck and had a nice steak dinner on the bottom deck after the sun set.

Posts: 1792 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Me and my daughter stayed there in Oct 22.
It was wonderful, but the favorite part was jumping into The Devil’s Pool on the Zambia side.

"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it". Fred Bear

Posts: 444 | Location: WA. State | Registered: 06 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was wonderful, but the favorite part was jumping into The Devil’s Pool on the Zambia side.

I’ve seen that…nope not me! Eeker Eeker!

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dog Man:
Me and my daughter stayed there in Oct 22.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/Q9w7r1g

"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it". Fred Bear

Posts: 444 | Location: WA. State | Registered: 06 November 2009Reply With Quote