Find
Notify
Tools

Thefts in Joberg
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Taken from the Hunt Network 4/18/08

Hunting advisories here in the USA, such as newsletters, clubs and organizations have picked up on the 17+ American hunters who have been robbed leaving OR Tambo and/or their motels in Johannesburg in the span of a week just recently.

Speculation is rampant that the robberies are part and parcel of an organization involving airport employees privy to the customs forms which list where the hunters are staying and the amount of cash they are carrying.

This will no doubt result in American hunters being advised to book flights not ending or laying over in Johannesburg and will no doubt start the hunt-booking agencies looking to Cape Town as the alternative airport and to Namibia, Botswana, Mozambique, etc. as alternative hunt destinations.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 781 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
That's easily fixed. Keep your voice down, don't dress like a Bwana and keep your eyes on your kit.

Just a suggestion.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We had a 8 Hr lay over , Hired a tour guide recomened by Kathi on Here . He picked us up and he was ARMED with a 9 mm . He walked all over the airport with no trouble. He was Well worth the money.

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
YIKES!! I will be spending several days in Joberg in late May.....please advise how to contact your guide.
THANKS!!!
Alex

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll see what I can come up with ,but you could contact Kathi, she's on here.

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote