THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Limpopo Weather - Early March

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Limpopo Weather - Early March
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Pennsyltucky
posted
I've been there twice, in June and July respectively. What kind of weather and lowvelt conditions can I expect? Thoughts appreciated.

Posts: 93 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: 14 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depending on where in Limpopo you go you can find extreme heat, lots of rain and thick bush in March.

Fritz Rabe
Askari Adventures & Fritz Rabe Bow-hunting

Posts: 217 | Location: Musina South Africa | Registered: 08 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pennsyltucky
posted Hide Post
Frtiz,

What do you consider to be extreme heat?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted Limpopo in mid March 2009. The weather was perfect for me, I like warmer weather. The mornings were cool, but only needed a jacket once. The temp can get up to high 80s during the day. I never needed a rain coat, but it did sprinkle a few times. I don't know what is normal, but I liked the weather and would go back in March again or Sept/Oct.

Check out this link and click on records and averages. Pietersburg is in the Limpopo region:

http://weather.yahoo.com/south...pietersburg-1586550/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am heading there in mid March 2013 and am told the temperature can reach 110F. Holey smokes that's hot!!!!!!!!

Posts: 41790 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pennsyltucky
posted Hide Post
Eeker

Methinks I will have to lay off of the Castles and focus on hydration if its that hot.

Can anyone tell me, it is possible to go 14 days without beer?

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Hey Penns! I am going in late June, early July, what temps and weather can I expect?

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted out of the Steenbokpan area in mid-April of 2010. The rains had stopped about a week or ten days before. It never got to 80-degrees during the day, or under 55-degrees at night. Great weather. I am going back on April 29th for two weeks, I expect about the same.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pennsyltucky
posted Hide Post
Just got back. Hey Fritz, would you consider 100 farenheit extreme? I've never been so hot as I was on the first day of our hunt. After that, the rest of the week, partly cloudy and in the mid to high 80s. I certainly learned that attention to hydration is a must.

On an unrelated, but relevant note, PEPPER TICKS SUCK!!!!!