THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Delta Business Class to JNB?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Delta Business Class to JNB?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone flown in Business Class? Wondering how it was? I flew last year through Amsterdam and Delta Business Class was much better than KLM.

Mike

Posts: 1092 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KUDUBULL
posted Hide Post
It was great. Individual screens with plenty of movie selections and they give you noise reduction headsets. Seats recline about 60 inches and plenty of room. Try to get on right side of aircraft in either row 2,3, or 4. seats have a litle more leg room.

However, i like the storage you get on the KLM 747. Thats hard to beat! Especailly upstairs!

Ray Matthews
Matthews Outdoor Adventures
2808 Bainbridge Trail
Mansfield, Texas 76063

Posts: 321 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Devildawg66
posted Hide Post
Busness class is great on Delta. However, is it really worth the extra cost which is substancial???

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

If you fly on Delta, what airline will you switch to for the domestic flights? Do they have baggage agreements with anyone? Including the rifles?

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Les,

No we will ovenight in Joburg and then fly the next day to Windhoek. I will have Afton House clear the guns into SA for a day then leave. We where going to see Kruger for a few days but Louis convinced Etosha is a much better park.

Most likely fly SAA for the domestic flights. Still deciding on where to go.

Mike

Posts: 1092 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KUDUBULL
posted Hide Post
Delta has baggage agreement with SAA. Have your luggage checked through to final destination if you are NOT overnighting in JNB.

Ray Matthews
Matthews Outdoor Adventures
2808 Bainbridge Trail
Mansfield, Texas 76063

Posts: 321 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have flown Delta business class many times, mostly from NY to Moscow or Atlanta to Amsterdam. It is great and the service is excellent. If I could afford to pay for it myself, I would fly it all the time. My company paid for it on the 40 trips I made.

Posts: 10221 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used my Delta skymiles card miles to fly Business round trip to Johanesburgt, and the service and food were excellent!

Posts: 284 | Location: Orange, CA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote