THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Update flying into JNB 6/16/21

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update flying into JNB 6/16/21
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
From Africa Sky Guesthouse - My son and I arrived JNB this morning via Turkish out of Chicago. Much longer time to get from US to JNB, but all bags made it - passport control took about 5 minutes (we were some of the first off plane), gun clearance was 5 minutes tops (only 2 hunters with guns on our flight). All in all, probably my fastest getting cleared and out of airport ever. Hope it goes that smoothly tomorrow checking in to go to Botswana.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Tim, hope the rest of the journey goes well

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Good news. What did they want to see relative to COVID? Just negative results paperwork? See ya Monday.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim did you submit the "Traveler Heath Questionnaire" to SA-Covid-19-Travel Info?

2 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE FROM SOUTH AFRICA YOU MUST COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE - TRAVELLER HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE. COMPLETE ONLINE AND PRINT A COPY TO TAKE WITH YOU.

Posts: 1790 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
They asked to see negative Covid test before passport control. I did do the online questionnaire and had the email printed but no one ever asked for it. They gave us a short questionnaire on the plane to fill out and someone took that, so it probably took the place of online.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good deal! See you in Camp on Monday.

Posts: 1790 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Have a great hunt you guys and hope there are plenty of big kudu to go around !

Pictures !!!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where did you get the covid test in Joberg?

Posts: 259 | Location: Marietta, Georgia | Registered: 04 July 2012Reply With Quote