THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Possible J'berg Alernative via Delta to Cape Town - Anyone gone via CPT?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possible J'berg Alernative via Delta to Cape Town - Anyone gone via CPT?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Doing some planning for our next trip to Namibian this Aug. Due to last year’s fiasco with SAA and J’berg, I am desperately trying to find alternatives to both.

Delta offers flights to Cape Town and Air Namibia picks up in Cape Town to Windhoek. Has anybody flown through Cape Town and or stayed over night there? The kicker to this one is that return from Cape Town is via KLM and through Amsterdam. Has anyone had problems with weapons on KLM checked through Amsterdam?

Posts: 572 | Location: Somewhere between here and there. | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't have any experience with Cape Town, but KLM and Amsterdam are a breeze when it comes to weapons. Just fill out the proper forms and there is nothing to it. Good luck and be sure to let us know how the Cape Town route works.

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bypass it altogether. Go through Frankfurt. From Frankfurt Air Namibia is a direct and relatively pleasant flight. Delta or other if you prefer to frankfurt then Air Namibia to Windhoek.Only downside is long layover in Frankfurt. You can either get a day room at one of the hotels and or go sight seeing. Weapons are checked straight through so no problems there. Reasonably friendly flight crews and pitch of seats not bad. Unless you are wanting to go to RSA for something else I would just bypass it.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I was going to Namibia only I'd do the Frankfurt route and avoid RSA and SAA altogether.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12873 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto on the Frankfurt route. Have taken it twice and will do so again if I return to Namibia

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys – aware of the direct flights from FRA to WDH. The trouble is that according to the Air Namibian web site, the current price for a single round-trip ticket is 2906 Euros ($4110 USD). That is crazy as round trip tickets from Tampa to FRA are less then $700. A friend of ours just did this trip (Detroit to FRA to WDH) and the Air Nam ticket was only $1300 round trip.

Delta has the new non-stop from Atlanta to J’berg for $1300 USD and the Air Nam flight from J’Berg to WDH is $225 round trip. I am hoping that the Air Nam web site has a mistake in their pricing. Have been trying to call the office in NY but guess they are closed weekends.

For some reason the Delta flight is on Delta going in, but the return routing is on KLM to Amsterdam – that was why I had a separate post about anyone having any problems with guns checked all the way back to US via Amsterdam. Someone had posted no problems as long as I filled the proper paperwork – just wonder why there would be any paperwork if the guns were checked all the way through.

Posts: 572 | Location: Somewhere between here and there. | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
m3taco

If you are hoping to avoid hassles make your arrangements through Katthi Klimes or Gracy Travel. The fares you have found are ridiculous. Ktthi or Gracy can help you navigate the whole process hassle free at no extra cost to you.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12873 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote