THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Great Travel Agent - Highly Recommended

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great Travel Agent - Highly Recommended
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My brother mentioned to me this summer that he would love to go to Normandy for the 80th anniversary of D-Day. I said, let's go.

My SIL is the sweetest person; bakes me chocolate chip cookies every time I see her. She thanked me again for the Apple watch I gave her one Xmas (I hate buying presents) and I thought, "How do I top that?" Answer: bring her to Paris too (along with her sister Ms AAZW).

Then the ugly truth set in: four people, living in three cities with different itineraries (we are going to visit friends in Barcelona and then my bro and I are flying back to the US while Ms AAZW and her sister go on to Prague). Solution: use a travel agent.

One of my old college roommates has a daughter in the travel business, so I used her. Holy cow! Awesome job - she presented us with a litany of various options. I ended up buying 4 b class tickets on Iceland Air for an amazing price (under 13K) - less than one b class ticket to Australia last year.

I highly recommend her:
christina.marcenkus@cruiseplanners.com

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Iceland Air business class is excellent. Its not equivalent to say, United Polaris Business but fine for those 4-6 hour hops via Keflavik to Europe..

I use Iceland Air back and forth to Denmark quite often on business.. You will be pleased…

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Powell:
Iceland Air business class is excellent. Its not equivalent to say, United Polaris Business but fine for those 4-6 hour hops via Keflavik to Europe..

I use Iceland Air back and forth to Denmark quite often on business.. You will be pleased…

I have flown Polaris a few times. The food is little better than coach to be honest, and on my flight to Australia, the cabin crew didn't even offer a preflight drink - they just stood around and gabbed.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Powell:

I have flown Polaris a few times. The food is little better than coach to be honest, and on my flight to Australia, the cabin crew didn't even offer a preflight drink - they just stood around and gabbed.

Interesting.. I guess it’s the YMMV adage LOL

I fly United Polaris back and forth from the east coast to Frankfurt and Barcelona rather regularly and have found the service to be excellent.. Quality does seem to vary with what actual plane is being used for all the carriers..

Admittedly it rates below the top tier levels of Emirates and some of the others but I consider those to be over the top in price for most trips..

Funny though - I have never flown United on a hunting trip.. It always seems to end being Turkish or Emirates.. Mostly Turkish anymore…

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote