New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maputo Moz.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Headed to Moz. next year and would like to fly Qatar. They have a flight that has a 8 hour lay over in Maputo Moz., does anybody know something about that city and how would that long a layover would be? Trying to avoid Joburg.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Whats your final airport in Moz? Heading there this week via Joburg and Air Link to Vilankulos.

Posts: 1468 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinNY:
Whats your final airport in Moz? Heading there this week via Joburg and Air Link to Vilankulos.

Tete, I may wind up going through Joburg but then you have to get a firearm permit for SA, overnight and catch a flight the next morning. I'll be going in Sept.

One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
Other then it's known as the Kidnapping Capital of Africa. I would not plan on leaving the airport.

https://issafrica.org/iss-toda...ppings-in-mozambique

Posts: 752 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We looked into the Qatar flight to Maputo this past June, just to avoid Joburg and Airlink, flights out of Maputo to Tete/Beira were not doable…

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
What about flying into Beira, then Tete?

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
What about flying into Beira, then Tete?

I may be corrected, but one needs to use Airlink thru Joburg to get to Beira from an international departure. I was told there is a flight from Harare to Beira once or twice a week but is an all day affair. We chose not to explore that option (but Qatar does service Harare daily).

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bama15:
Headed to Moz. next year and would like to fly Qatar. They have a flight that has a 8 hour lay over in Maputo Moz., does anybody know something about that city and how would that long a layover would be? Trying to avoid Joburg.

I will also be flying to Tete next September. Plan on flying Delta & Air Link via Jo'berg.

Posts: 385 | Location: Carson City | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nevada Wapati:
quote:

I will also be flying to Tete next September. Plan on flying Delta & Air Link via Jo'berg.

I've decide to do that also. I booked the hunt with Mark Young and will work with Gracy's. Their meet and greet will take me through firearms permit and straight to City Lodge. Then they will pick me up in the AM and go through the firearm check again. It will be simple and epically with my wife going I don't want any hiccups.

One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I've decide to do that also. I booked the hunt with Mark Young and will work with Gracy's. Their meet and greet will take me through firearms permit and straight to City Lodge. Then they will pick me up in the AM and go through the firearm check again. It will be simple and epically with my wife going I don't want any hiccups.

Are you hunting with Mokore? That's who I'm hunting with starting on the 3rd.

Garcy's is good and Bruce in Johannesburg is great. I've used them several times.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Are you hunting with Mokore? That's who I'm hunting with starting on the 3rd.

Garcy's is good and Bruce in Johannesburg is great. I've used them several times.

I will be hunting with Mokore Aug. 30 - Sept.8. What Mark worked out for me is I will hunt C14 three days for Buf. then move to C9 for PG. My wife said she wanted to go to Africa one last time, I have never been to Moz., I knew the Duckworths would have a very nice camp. We'll see two camps, two areas, deferent scenery. Going to be a great trip. We should run across each other.

One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
Looks like we may be sharing Tandikwe Camp in C9. Look forward to meeting you.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

quote:

Isn't AR just awesome sharing ideas, bringing folks together and the occasional side line shit show just to keep everyone on their toes dancing !

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Very good, should be a great time. Looking forward to it.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, please let us know how it goes.

I love Mozambique.

Except for the civil unrest, governmental corruption and mopane flies. Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote