The Accurate Reloading Forums
Maputo Moz.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8121043/m/6151079572

27 September 2023, 21:35
Bama15
Maputo Moz.
Headed to Moz. next year and would like to fly Qatar. They have a flight that has a 8 hour lay over in Maputo Moz., does anybody know something about that city and how would that long a layover would be? Trying to avoid Joburg.
27 September 2023, 22:11
KevinNY
Whats your final airport in Moz? Heading there this week via Joburg and Air Link to Vilankulos.
27 September 2023, 23:22
Bama15
quote:
Originally posted by KevinNY:
Whats your final airport in Moz? Heading there this week via Joburg and Air Link to Vilankulos.

Tete, I may wind up going through Joburg but then you have to get a firearm permit for SA, overnight and catch a flight the next morning. I'll be going in Sept.
28 September 2023, 02:49
Wesheltonj
Other then it's known as the Kidnapping Capital of Africa. I would not plan on leaving the airport.

https://issafrica.org/iss-toda...ppings-in-mozambique
28 September 2023, 04:27
K Evans
We looked into the Qatar flight to Maputo this past June, just to avoid Joburg and Airlink, flights out of Maputo to Tete/Beira were not doableā€¦

Karl Evans

28 September 2023, 05:58
DLS
What about flying into Beira, then Tete?
28 September 2023, 06:13
K Evans
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
What about flying into Beira, then Tete?

I may be corrected, but one needs to use Airlink thru Joburg to get to Beira from an international departure. I was told there is a flight from Harare to Beira once or twice a week but is an all day affair. We chose not to explore that option (but Qatar does service Harare daily).

Karl Evans

28 September 2023, 19:39
Nevada Wapati
quote:
Originally posted by Bama15:
Headed to Moz. next year and would like to fly Qatar. They have a flight that has a 8 hour lay over in Maputo Moz., does anybody know something about that city and how would that long a layover would be? Trying to avoid Joburg.

I will also be flying to Tete next September. Plan on flying Delta & Air Link via Jo'berg.
28 September 2023, 20:47
Bama15
quote:
Originally posted by Nevada Wapati:
quote:

I will also be flying to Tete next September. Plan on flying Delta & Air Link via Jo'berg.

I've decide to do that also. I booked the hunt with Mark Young and will work with Gracy's. Their meet and greet will take me through firearms permit and straight to City Lodge. Then they will pick me up in the AM and go through the firearm check again. It will be simple and epically with my wife going I don't want any hiccups.
29 September 2023, 01:33
Nevada Wapati
quote:
quote:
quote:

I've decide to do that also. I booked the hunt with Mark Young and will work with Gracy's. Their meet and greet will take me through firearms permit and straight to City Lodge. Then they will pick me up in the AM and go through the firearm check again. It will be simple and epically with my wife going I don't want any hiccups.

Are you hunting with Mokore? That's who I'm hunting with starting on the 3rd.

Garcy's is good and Bruce in Johannesburg is great. I've used them several times.
29 September 2023, 02:52
Bama15
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Are you hunting with Mokore? That's who I'm hunting with starting on the 3rd.

Garcy's is good and Bruce in Johannesburg is great. I've used them several times.

I will be hunting with Mokore Aug. 30 - Sept.8. What Mark worked out for me is I will hunt C14 three days for Buf. then move to C9 for PG. My wife said she wanted to go to Africa one last time, I have never been to Moz., I knew the Duckworths would have a very nice camp. We'll see two camps, two areas, deferent scenery. Going to be a great trip. We should run across each other.
29 September 2023, 21:49
Nevada Wapati
Looks like we may be sharing Tandikwe Camp in C9. Look forward to meeting you.
29 September 2023, 22:13
Charlie64

quote:

Isn't AR just awesome sharing ideas, bringing folks together and the occasional side line shit show just to keep everyone on their toes dancing !

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"
30 September 2023, 01:48
Bama15
quote:

Very good, should be a great time. Looking forward to it.
30 September 2023, 09:14
Michael Robinson
Gentlemen, please let us know how it goes.

I love Mozambique.

Except for the civil unrest, governmental corruption and mopane flies. Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.