Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zim Safari May 2008
 Login/Join

posted
Hi guys, just new to AR and was wondering if anyone knew what the situation was like at Vic Falls at the moment. I am planning on going there from Bulawayo after I finish my hunt with Chrlie Stanton.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would suggest that you check with your PH since he will have the most current info. We were in the Doma area this past March-April and had no problems; however, things can change

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Greg,

I'm pretty much in continuos contact with one or the other of 3 safari companies we work with in Zimbabwe. As of yesterday all was quiet and nobody is expecting any problems for tourists/hunters this season. I would not expect Vic Falls to be crowded though which might be very good for you as a visitor there.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12868 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
We just had a visit from friends of ours who still live near Bulawayo. As of last month during the elections, any area that is involved in Foreign exchange generation such as Hwange and Vic Falls is business as usual. Just remember it IS Africa, not europe or the USA and you'll be fine. You can't buy ANYTHING in the shops, eg you can't just go to the local shop and buy batteries or a razor, so plan ahead.

Have a great time.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
greg682

All seems fine, been up in and out of Zim a couple of times this week and last week, at present I have a plane stationed at Gokwe North where there is a Russian hunting ele as we speak.

We also just got back yesterday from Vic Falls, had a couple of guys staying at Matetsi River Camp on the Zim side and all went well there to.

You never know this is Africa we are talking about so be prepared and make sure that you are dealing with reputable outfitters and operators.

Aubrey

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Greg,

Welcome to the Board. Good advice already posted. Keep in contact with your PH.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1319 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Greg,
Has Pam told you who will be your PH and who is taking you through Wankie and VC?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote