New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zambia Meet and Greet
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am told that someone is attempting to organise a meet and greet service at Lusaka that would also include firearm transit permits.
If this was so it would give access to the Zambezi valley areas in Zim via a short charter without going through Joberg and Harare. Has anyone got any further news on this ?

Posts: 559 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Who is flying charters from Lusaka to northern Zim? And where would you do passports and customs enroute?

Would they fly to adjacent Moz as well?

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
R. Jolly,

Fiona Dunn who has been associated with the Zambian safari business for 40 years might know something about this. She's been doing meet/greet for several operators for many years. Try her e-mail dunn@zamnet.zm Please share what you find out if anything.

Mark`

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12869 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark
I will send her an email.
LHowell
You can private charter from Lusaka into Kariba which is the nearest Zim international airport.It is only a very short hop. You can clear customs there and then fly on direct into any camp within range in Zim. I have friends who have done this several times without firearms, but there has always been a problem with obtaining a transit firearms permit.In the past the only way to obtain a firearms import permit for Zambia is if you can prove that you are hunting there. My information is that this may change and transit permits become avilable. If this were the case the journey into the northern part of Zim via Zambia would be much easier and quicker. I will pursue Mark's line of contact and advise of my findings.
Regards
Robert

Posts: 559 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote