THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    For Those Who Do NOT Like Flying To Europe!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For Those Who Do NOT Like Flying To Europe!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read an article on motorcycle riding from London to Vladivostok. It was a lot of dirt roads, someplaces just a two track. A real adventure.

I think everyone takes the train if earth bound.

Mark

Posts: 1230 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
I've seen dash-cam footage from Russia on Youtube - maybe not ..... Smiler

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Some years ago (late 1980s?) I went to a presentation by a guy who rode his mountain bike across Russia all the way to Vladivostok, using roads and the railway tracks and right-of-way.

He said he had traveled to many countries, India, African countries, etc. and no matter what small town or village he would stop in, someone in the town knew something about Europe or the USA. Someone had visited, went to school, had relatives etc. in the West.

But he said Russia and Siberia were the most isolated and insulated places he had ever visited, where the vast majority of people had never traveled more than a few miles from the home village. He said he was often the only outsider these people had ever seen.

I'm sure things are a bit different now.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote