New
Find
Notify
Tools

SAPS form question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My wife and I will both be hunting on our trip to RSA, and I have the guns on one 4457 form, do we both need to fill out SAPS forms or just me? Or should I see of I can get new 4457 forms one for each gun?

Thanks

Meat Eater.

Posts: 120 | Location: Northern Ohio | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
As long as you don't have two or more rifles of the same calibre, you'll be OK

This might help. http://www.shakariconnection.c...ort-regulations.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve, just to verify, I can fill out the SAPS form for both guns (one is a 7mm the other is a 300wsm). It does not matter that my wife is hunting.

Meat Eater.

Posts: 120 | Location: Northern Ohio | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
That's correct........ but don't forget you also need all the other info as detailed in the links.

Frankly, you're outfitter should have provided you with this info already.

If he hasn't, don't hesitate to come back to me or consult the site further.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remember when filling out the SAPS form use black ink and you need to complete sections:

D
E2.1-E25.4
G1-G5 & G8-G9.2
I1.1-I5
J

Do not sign until in the SAPS office.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I did receive the papers but received two saps forms. Thus my question. Thanks again.

Meat Eater.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How specific does the ammunition info need to be? Say I've got three boxes of .30-06, some full some not and of two different types, can I just put down approx. three boxes? Or must it be exact?

Posts: 277 | Location: Murphy, TX | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Put down the exact number of rounds.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, you will need to put down the exact amount of ammo. I have only had my ammo checked once out of three times going thru but if and when they do check it will need to match the form.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
As has been said, you need the exact number of rounds............ but also not more than 200 rounds of any one calibre.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, thanks. Is there a need to be explicit with saying 23 rounds of .30-06 Winchester Supreme Accubond and 27 rounds of .30-06 Winchester Supreme Elite XP3 vs. simply saying 50 rounds of .30-06 ammo?

The reason I'm asking all this is that we are in the final stages of filling out the SAP form to send into PHASA early next week for our hunt in late Sept.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
A pleasure to be able to help. Total number of rounds per calibre is sufficient.

This might help: http://www.shakariconnection.c...ort-regulations.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think just putting 50 rounds of .30-06 is sufficient.

Good Hunting,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the information.