THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Opinions on luggage for a trip to Zim?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on luggage for a trip to Zim?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another idea - leave the guns behind. I have done this on my last two hunts. The hassle of transporting guns, the fun in using different guns and the lack of worry "did my guns make it" have turned me to a gunless hunter.

Most PH's have extra guns. Your shots in Africa are close and it is hard to miss, so I have opted to use the local guns.

Posts: 10194 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use my original U.S. Army issue (Viet Nam era) duffel bag; tough, durable, lockable (as lockable as a duffel bag can be).

The bag holds everything I need with room to spare.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any quality made bags will work. But I would make sure it has good strong straps and zippers . As dogcat said you can leave many items behind anyway.

At different times I have used different bags. The Orvis bags do a pretty good job but are just a bit less heavy duty than the Filson.

After I got the Filson I use it and you can see and tell the difference. It really is quality stuff. All of it will require some cleaning up later as it can get a bit dirty.

For cases I originally had Haliburton gun case and it worked well. It is still going 20 years on after requiring a couple of repairs to the locks and handles which they have never charged to repair by the way. Now I have and use the Americases which are great.

There are a lot of the high impact and very rigid cases out now like the Hardigg cases. They work. I carried a lot of sensitive equipment literally all over the world in them by plane, truck, boat, dugout,camel, burro, and rickshaw, Smiler and all kinds of hard handling and weather and it does work. I just prefer the Americase setups for the guns.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote