Find
Notify
Tools

Delta Lounge in JoBerg?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted
2 days to go, we leave for Mozambique with "spots" in my eyes. After 18 months of anticipation, the big trip starts Sunday. dancing

Question - This is the first year we are flying Delta. Do they have a first class lounge in Joberg, or share with someone else?

Thanks

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I think they share the SAA one, but you might also consider the Premier Club Lounge instead. Cost is just a few dollars but it has free food and drink, showers, TV and even a smoking lounge if you're a smoker.

Go through passport control, turn right and walk down until you the the escalators on your right hand side. Go up one level and turn hard left (180 degrees) and it'll be right in front of you.

Personally, I prefer it to any of the other lounges.

one of us
posted Hide Post
+1 on the Premier Club Lounge...it was a great way to kill 8 hours between flights...free internet too.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys, I appreciate the tip.

I will enjoy a Monte Cristo and a shower while we wait for the flights.

Happy Hunting!

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Turner - Total Travel Solutions
posted Hide Post
Hi Jack

I checked on this and they use the Air France lounge in Johannesburg.

Johannesburg, South Africa Terminal 6 Mezzanine Level, International Departure Area Air France

http://www.delta.com/traveling..._locations/index.jsp

Steve

Steve Turner
Travel With Guns
210-858-9833
steve@travelwithguns.com

www.travelwithguns.com

Posts: 138 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Last June Delta was using the Air France Lounge. Some of the other lounges where closed for remodleing

Posts: 1092 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
My wife and I enjoyed the Air France lounge in Jo'burg last August. Any decent lounge sure makes waiting at the airport much more enjoyable and time seems to pass faster.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We use the premier lounge both going and coming. We need the shower after the trip from the States and use the shower to get ready for the trip back to The World. i beleive that the cost was
25.00usd each person

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote