New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turkish Airlines
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody have experience with Turkish Air? I'm looking at them for my trip to Cameroon, they have a flight non-stop from Atlanta to Istanbul, then a short lay over then to Yaoundé. They are $600 to $700 cheaper than anything I've found.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I flew them from NYC to Istanbul and then on to Bishkek. I thought they were great. Their economy comfort was as good or better than our business class on domestic Delta flights.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
flew them from SFO to Istanbul they were great

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I purchased NYC to Istanbul and then on to Bishkek Business Class last week. I was surprised they are charging me 150 Euro both ways for my rifle case. Also you need to request permission to carry a Firearm on all Flights BEFORE you pay for your Tickets.

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used them to go to Burkina. They were great. My family used them to go on vacation and they were great again.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
The best economy service I've had on an airline.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feed back. I think I will give them a try, their schedule from Atlanta is very good and the price is considerably cheaper than the others

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bama15,
I have no idea if you have ever been in that part of the world before but if not, I would recommend laying over one or two days in Istanbul and do some sight seeing. You can hire a private guide inexpensively and the city is fascinating. He would arrange to store your firearm with the police office inside the airport if you are bringing one.
This was one of the best pieces of advice I received before going over and it was great. (It was actually Dogcat's pictures that pushed me over the edge.)
Hope your trip turns out great.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
if you can defiantly do a private tour of Istanbul one of the best tours I have ever taken

quote:
Originally posted by COYOTE HUNTER:
Bama15,
I have no idea if you have ever been in that part of the world before but if not, I would recommend laying over one or two days in Istanbul and do some sight seeing. You can hire a private guide inexpensively and the city is fascinating. He would arrange to store your firearm with the police office inside the airport if you are bringing one.
This was one of the best pieces of advice I received before going over and it was great. (It was actually Dogcat's pictures that pushed me over the edge.)
Hope your trip turns out great.

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote