THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Delta airlines baggage policy change

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Delta airlines baggage policy change
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.delta.com/traveling...ge/checked/index.jsp

I am checking with the service representative to ascertain how this policy change affects those who have already been issued tickets.

Policy Clarification: Effective for travel on or after January 15, 2013, Delta Air Lines policy will be to check a passenger’s baggage between the origin and destination points that are issued on a single ticket or conjuncted ticket exclusively. If a second ticket is presented for travel on another airline beyond the destination of the first ticket, the passenger will be advised that Delta will only check the bag to the destination on the Delta ticket(s). The passenger must collect the baggage at baggage claim for their Delta ticketed destination, and then re-check their baggage with the down-line carrier for the next flight(s).

This clarification of policy helps Delta ensure that checked baggage service is consistent for all customers.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9497 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Not cool!

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This is rediculous!

I travel quite a bit, and on many occasions have to use two airlines because of connections.

And I have always checked my bags all the way through.

I bet they will have to either toe the line like all airlines, or they will pay for this.

Sometimes I really wonder if some companies are so out of touch with reality, they are committing commercial suicide!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68773 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Another good reason to fly Emirates direct Houston-Dubai-Harare.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, bother. Groan.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I think they will have to change this, as they are going to have a lot of complaints.

What happens when one travels through another country, and only there in transit?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68773 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It appears that their policy is unchanged IF you purchased your entire trip as a single ticket. This is usually the case, regardless of whether more than one airline is involved.

It is only in the instance that you purchased your trip as more than one ticket that they will not check-through.

The reasons for this are not apparent to me, and I offer no defense of Delta on this subject. However, it appears that it won't impact the single-ticket traveler. Perhaps Kathi can weigh in to tell us if this is correct.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, I did exactly this when I traveled to Australia this summer. Bummer.

The bad part of this is if your bags don't make it to your connecting city, Delta is only bound to deliver them to the city of their final destination.

On my first safari, Bill Williamson, god rest his soul, advised me to claim my rifle at JFK and hand check it at the SAA counter (I had tons of time). Unbeknownst to me, if that gun had not made it to JFK, TWA would only be obligated to deliver it to JFK.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yes, Kathi can you weigh in on this?