THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Vancouver Island Travel Advice

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vancouver Island Travel Advice
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am taking my son and father on a Vancouver Island black bear hunt out of Port Alberni.

We are flying into Vancouver on Friday afternoon, but the hunt starts on Sunday evening.

So we have a couple days to kill. I was planning on renting a car and taking the ferry over to the island on Friday.

Would anyone have advice on where to stay?? or things to do??

Thanks!!

TBD

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A side trip to Victoria would be fun. lots to do there. If you enjoy hiking, climbing, diving or rock climbing, you can't beat a trip up to Squamish (on the mainland a little north of Vancouver). There is spectacular fishing at Ucluelet (but it may be early.) Whale watching is offered in several places. If you like fly fishing, there are some places that do fly - in fishing for the day at remote alpine lakes and streams... Nanamio is a nice town too.

Posts: 355 | Location: Sandpoint, ID | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, Port Alberni. I missed that in your post. Port Albernie is about half-way to Ucluelet. Tofino has good fishing and I think they offer whale watching tours in the pacific out there too. Amazing country out there. Probably only a 2-3 hour drive to Victoria from Alberni. Has a feel of being in London. Lots of tourist stuff there.

Posts: 355 | Location: Sandpoint, ID | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you make it to Victoria the Bushhardt Gardens (sp) and the museum downtown is not to be missed IMHO.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 483 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ditto on Buchart Gardens

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2639 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rent a sports car,one for taking curves at high speed as the road to port alberni is a blast to drive

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote