Find
Notify
Tools

ITN Number
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Just back from Zim. Left from JFK re-entered through Dulles. No mention of the ITN either direction. Custom agent looked at the 4457 while I read off the serial #'s on rifles...5 minutes and out of there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36560 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Just back from Zim. Left from JFK re-entered through Dulles. No mention of the ITN either direction. Custom agent looked at the 4457 while I read off the serial #'s on rifles...5 minutes and out of there.

I just got back from RSA and the Customs agent in Houston didn't even ask to see my 4457 on the way back in! Confused

0351 USMC

Posts: 1531 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
Came back through Dulles a couple weeks ago and they didn't even want to see my 4457s.

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 870 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Came into Atlanta on Monday from Joberg. The customs guy just read off the serial numbers to another guy at a computer. Never even asked about the 4457. Must be cataloging the serial numbers when you originally get the 4457 at customs? Can't remember if the guy at the computer had my passport or not.

Posts: 259 | Location: Marietta, Georgia | Registered: 04 July 2012Reply With Quote