THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Aerosol can allowed in checked baggage?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aerosol can allowed in checked baggage?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted
I was always under impression that Aerosol can where not allowed in baggage , but everyone seems to carry the likes of shaving cream, antiperspirant etc.
Are cans allowed as checked luggage?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
They must be of the small size. Last time thru J-Berg they stop me,found the can then decided it was small enough. Not sure of the exact size requirements but they are allowed.

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
I've never had shaving cream taken from me, which is usually in my carry on. However, I have had two small cans of aerosol gun oil taken out of my checked baggage on two different occasions. One was very small, certainly smaller than my travel shaving cream can. While they were removed on two occasions, they were left alone on probably another 8 to 10 occasions.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Cumming, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why tempt fate? Seems like each country/airline has their own everchanging rules, so what's ok here in the States may be banned somewhere else. Just take small stick deoderant, etc. and use soap & water for shaving cream (or dry shave).

Posts: 273 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I am keen to take some BALLISTOL oil that I can only get in aerosol form.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If any container has a 'flammable' icon printed on it (aerosol or not) - more and more airport security folk will confiscate it. I even had a small tune of gun grease (yes, grease, not oil) taken off me because it had the flammable icon on it.
If aerosol volume marked on tin/container is more than 100ml you increasingly run the risk of having it taken off you. xray machines / training seems to be improving almost by the day now. Even checked luggage x ray machines are catching folk with suspect liquids packed in suitcases

COUNTRYSPORTS.
Established 1984. Web sites: www.countrysports.co.uk & www.fishinginuk.co.uk SCOTLAND, ENGLAND, POLAND, SOUTH AFRICA

Posts: 95 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 04 August 2009Reply With Quote