The Accurate Reloading Forums
Aerosol can allowed in checked baggage?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8121043/m/5071004521

27 January 2010, 16:54
ozhunter
Aerosol can allowed in checked baggage?
I was always under impression that Aerosol can where not allowed in baggage , but everyone seems to carry the likes of shaving cream, antiperspirant etc.
Are cans allowed as checked luggage?
27 January 2010, 17:21
Chris Lozano
They must be of the small size. Last time thru J-Berg they stop me,found the can then decided it was small enough. Not sure of the exact size requirements but they are allowed.
27 January 2010, 20:58
Jorge400
I've never had shaving cream taken from me, which is usually in my carry on. However, I have had two small cans of aerosol gun oil taken out of my checked baggage on two different occasions. One was very small, certainly smaller than my travel shaving cream can. While they were removed on two occasions, they were left alone on probably another 8 to 10 occasions.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari
27 January 2010, 21:23
Tracker49
Why tempt fate? Seems like each country/airline has their own everchanging rules, so what's ok here in the States may be banned somewhere else. Just take small stick deoderant, etc. and use soap & water for shaving cream (or dry shave).
28 January 2010, 12:26
ozhunter
I am keen to take some BALLISTOL oil that I can only get in aerosol form.
28 January 2010, 18:40
ochayethenoo
If any container has a 'flammable' icon printed on it (aerosol or not) - more and more airport security folk will confiscate it. I even had a small tune of gun grease (yes, grease, not oil) taken off me because it had the flammable icon on it.
If aerosol volume marked on tin/container is more than 100ml you increasingly run the risk of having it taken off you. xray machines / training seems to be improving almost by the day now. Even checked luggage x ray machines are catching folk with suspect liquids packed in suitcases

COUNTRYSPORTS.
Established 1984. Web sites: www.countrysports.co.uk & www.fishinginuk.co.uk SCOTLAND, ENGLAND, POLAND, SOUTH AFRICA