New
Find
Notify
Tools

Delta Club Questions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Since Delta changed their membership fees, I am no longer a Delta Sky Club member. I have some questions:

1. Can I access the KLM club in AMS if I am Platinum and connecting to JNB? I am Gold on Star Alliance, and that gets me in all of their clubs when flying internationally. Does this hold true for Delta?
2. Same question, only Air France in JNB

I am traveling to RSA for business this Saturday via AMS. Return home the next Friday evening via AMS. Guessing most everyone here is on DL 200, but you never know.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As Delta Platinum you should have access to Sky Team Lounges for international flights not only in AMS and JNB but also on the domestic portions of your flight.

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I'd say you're fine on the JNB lounge. I'm just Gold and that was good for me +1 in July.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Get Amex Sky Miles. You can get in club for $29 bucks. Delta has a deal with Air France in Johannesburg and you can access that club if you have an amex sky miles card.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is true, but AF would not take my Amex card as payment nor would they except cash. Go figure--BS---left and went to Shongolo lounge, much nicer. That was 2 weeks ago.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am in the Delta club now in Detroit and they just told me not only does being a Plat member NOT get you into KLM clubs, the regular club membership doesn't either.

In any event, I will probably renew. If you are going to die with money in bank, why not? I can't stand sitting in the gate area or bars/restaurants.

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check their website (I checked when initially replying to your post). According to the website Skymiles Platinum Medallion gets you access to Skyteam lounges if you're traveling internationally on a Skyteam airline that day.

I'm currently sitting in the Delta lounge in Minneapolis (unfortunately not on my way to Africa for another month) and I just double checked the above information with the lounge dragon and she confirmed that you have access in any class of service.

I'd definitely check when you get to Amsterdam (KLM may have a seperate KLM premium lounge but there should also be a Skyteam lounge as well).

Good luck and safe travels.

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am in the KLM lounge now in Amsterdam. Shower felt great. Lady in Detroit didn't know what she was talking about.