Tools

Custom Travel
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Ej
posted
Has anybody used Custom Travel ?http://www.customtravelafrica.com
I found them in the SCI Safari times.
Prices seem reasonable , but our trip is still too far out in 2009 to book now.
Really think we would prefer to fly Emirates as opposed to SAA . JFK to JNB.

Africa Bug " Embrace the bite , live for adventure "
EJ Carter 2011

One of Us
Picture of Staley Keck
posted Hide Post
Yes we booked through Debbie at Custom Travel last October for our July 2008 hunt in RSA they did and excellent job with our planning including making reservations with the Afton House. We did some checking around and Custom Travel offered the best prices.

Posts: 79 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 06 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you're talking about Custom Travel, in Milwaukee, yes they are excellent! We used them for our trip to RSA last summer, and Dawn crossed all the Ts and dotted all the I's. I highly reccomend them.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ej
posted Hide Post
Did either of you fly Emirates Air ?
Thanks
ej

EJ Carter 2011

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nope, flew Delta, Indy to Atlanta, to Johannesburg. Flights on time, no lost luggage, no goof ups at all.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Staley Keck
posted Hide Post
Same here, Delta from Atlanta Senegal to J'burg I will say Delta did a good job of keeping everyone fed coming and going. No lost luggage or other issues.

Posts: 79 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 06 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ej
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Info.
Ej

EJ Carter 2011

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ej

I have looked at the JFK-Dubai-JNB routing but was put off a bit by the hoops required to transit Dubai with firearms. [though we were talking about staying over one night as well.]

Gracy Travel has had some experience and could better explain the issues.

Without firearms it should be easier.
Though, to JNB the SAA flights from Washington are nonstop for much of the year.

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used Custom Travel twice and they were excellent. They also send you the SAPS forms necessary for importing firearms into SA with examples filled out.

Indy

Life is short. Hunt hard.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used Custom for years, for Asia as well as Africa. Excellent.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used custom travel three times (Debbie)
for, Namibia, Zim and RSA

they are Awesome! thumb

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I've used Custom Travel a couple of times. The first trip was fine.

On the second trip, they failed to let me know about a coming fare increase so I ended up paying more for my ticket. Actually, they did notify me via an e-mail address I don't use and never asked them to use; how they got it I don't know.

Then, whilst in RSA, my flight was cancelled. The notified me via the same e-mail address I had asked them not to use. They also didn't bother calling my wife whose phone number they had and would have gladly relayed the information.

In short, I won't be using them again.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used Custom at least 7 times, with fine perfoemance on each.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
I used them in 2006 to RSA had no problems with them.

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used Custom Travel and Debbie did a great job. We missed our connecting flight out of Dar and she was very helpful getting us back on track.

Telly

Posts: 163 | Location: Vincennes, IN | Registered: 29 January 2004Reply With Quote