New
Find
Notify
Tools

Delta Economy Comfort Plus
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Four friends including me had planed a repeat Safari in Africa. We booked our flights on Delta and purchased the Economy Comfort upgrade the day they were available and got our seats together. When we all met at the airport the seats assignments were now all scattered about but still in the economy comfort section but on the return trip 2 of the seats were now unavailable and even though they were paid for Delta said tough,, we could request a refund when we got back to the US. There is a huge difference sitting with the extra leg room than in the back of the bus in a middle seat for almost 17 hours.

Delta probably is no worse than any other airlines but when you pay extra for something there should be some obligation to deliver it!

The airline industry is not a service industry anymore and even though the hunt was great it sure was disappointment not to be with your friends to visit with going over and coming back...

Thanks Delta

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
Check into the possibility of filing a small claims court action in your jurisdiction. It is unlikely that Delta will send anyone to argue against this sort of claim, they cannot send a lawyer, and you will likely win by default.

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
stubble is right. I once sued the governor of a neighboring state for auto damage in a construction zone. They sent a check for the full amount.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drwes:
Four friends including me had planed a repeat Safari in Africa. We booked our flights on Delta and purchased the Economy Comfort upgrade the day they were available and got our seats together. When we all met at the airport the seats assignments were now all scattered about but still in the economy comfort section but on the return trip 2 of the seats were now unavailable and even though they were paid for Delta said tough,, we could request a refund when we got back to the US. There is a huge difference sitting with the extra leg room than in the back of the bus in a middle seat for almost 17 hours.

Delta probably is no worse than any other airlines but when you pay extra for something there should be some obligation to deliver it!

The airline industry is not a service industry anymore and even though the hunt was great it sure was disappointment not to be with your friends to visit with going over and coming back...

Thanks Delta

actually Delta is worse and they owe you some money. when Delta/Air France screwed me in March on my trip to Cameroon by losing my luggage inbound, i filed a claim with them and included a long letter outlining their screw ups on multiple levels at multiple points. my claim was for $1746 for 1 lost bag. i threatened legal action because of their shoddy baggage handling, even though i knew that international regs limit lost bag claims to +/_ $1000. i received a check for the full amount 2 weeks later.....DO NOT LET THE BASTARDS GRIND YOU DOWN!!!!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
I had the same issue on the 24th of September. My economy comfort seat (bulkhead to boot) disappeared.

I called Delta when I came to the States and they are processing my refund. The excuse was that due to a strike a different airplane made the trip, and just did not have the amount of economy comfort seats available.

Looking at my boarding pass and my reservation I did indeed confirm that what they were staying was true.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote