THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Texas to New Zealand to Zimbabwe to Texas or vis versa

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas to New Zealand to Zimbabwe to Texas or vis versa
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Giving some thought to making a month long trip to include thar, chamois, red stag in NZ and leopard, kudu, nyala in Zim. A lot of questions but looking for advice on the travel plans if any of you would like to share your insight on this "tentative" plan. Yes, I already have made decisions on outfitters, etc. Thinking mainly of travel, rifle regs, etc. Appreciate your thoughts.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's simple: Travel from East to West and you'll loose a day, wheras traveling from West to East you'll live the same day twice when you cross the International Dateline! Sorta like traveling in a space ship at near the speed of light, you know.

Now, as to the question of Daylinght Savings Time . . .

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the insight Stoney. Any advice on rifle regulations in and out of NZ and into Zim. Yes, will get advice from my travel agent but thought some of the travelers may have made such a trip in the recent past?

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Have a look at this site muygrande, pretty easy and cheap bring a sporting firearm into NZ and then to travel and use it once here. Hope you have a good trip.

http://www.police.govt.nz/serv...earms/importing.html

Posts: 3867 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Eagle, thanks for the site note. My initial plan is to hit the end of the roar in NZ and then get into the early leopard season in Zim and since the number of days is not as important as the timing of the hunts relative to prime hunting for the specie I seek going west to vs going east is not that big a deal - I think? AND, I would fly around the world in the process? Geography was never my forte!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sir
Some personal experience, my daughter lives in Wellington , NZ and I was working outside of Jo'burg. I made the trip a few time with and with out guns. I traveled from Denver to Wellington via United/Air New Zealand. Hunted Stag and Thar on the South Island. Traveled on to South Africa via Air New Zealand to Perth OZ, South African to Jo'burg. No problems. Another trip, I traveled from Aukland on Singapore Air, to Singapore, then to Jo'burg. No problems, better service. I didn't have guns that trip. A word to the wise, it is easy to get guns into NZ. But, then, you are expected to guard that gun with your life. It is illeage to leave a gun unattended in a car... or even in a house/hotel in a locked gun case. My understanding, is it must be kept in a safe if you are not in direct control of that gun. Has to be transported in a locked case. Good luck.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for your personal experience and sharing them with me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
been there, done that - I'd definitely go to NZ first. you contemplate the greatest trip in the world. DO it, enjoy it, relish the opportunity.

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you recall and care to share the travel route you took and problems you may have encountered along the way? Thanks for your insight.