THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Company to assist with rifle into S Africa

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Company to assist with rifle into S Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
-Is it worth it?

-Cost?

-Suggestions

Thanks in advance

It's always so quiet when the goldfish die.(Bror Blixen)

DRSS
Merkel 470 NE

one of us
posted Hide Post
Are you asking about a service to assist with the RSA gun permit? If so Gracy Travel has their own service. Rifle Permits and Air 2000 are a couple more and I do think it is worth it to have someone meet you at O.R. Tembo with your permit completed and in hand.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12914 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Ditto to what Mark said. Not but a hundred bucks. You are going to be ready for a private bathroom after that 17 hour flight. You really want to spend extra time with the RSA Police. I use Henry with Rifle Permits.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
I agree, worth the money knowing you have your permit and not to deal with SAPS to get one after your flight.

I used Africa Sky Guest House for the permit and overnighted there. If I was to do it again, I would use Riflepermits and overnight at either InterContinental or City Lodge at the airport, if I had to overnight.

Posts: 756 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, well worth getting it done in advance. I've only stayed at City Lodge one time but would definitely use them again.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, use one of the services mentioned above. I used Rifle Permits and it was well worth it when I missed my connection and was set up with a new itinerary and lodging for the night. Without the service, there is no telling what would have happened.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3436 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are several competent service providers obviously. I would highly recommend using one that will let you scan/email all of the paperwork to them instead of mailing it over there. For some reason some require it mailed, and I don't understand that. I've used Africa Sky a few times and Gracy once, and neither required mailing.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote