THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    JFK to JNB via SAA Any Special Issues?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JFK to JNB via SAA Any Special Issues?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I generally fly out of BDL in Hartford, CT and know the drill with firearms from there no problem. This time I am going on SAA via JFK. The last time I flew out of JFK years ago with firearms a cop approached me at the curb and carried my rifle case to the checkin counter. Is that normal procedure today at JFK? I checked the SAA website on firearms procedures and there is little to no real information. Any special concerns or kinks with SAA? Thanks, Ed

Posts: 151 | Location: Hartford, CT USA | Registered: 05 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Probably Port Authority officers. I traveled through JFK on SAA in April and could not have been treated with more respect. There is an extra step when flying through JFK because of the PA but they were courteous, friendly and efficient. PM me if you would like my phone number to discuss!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7531 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Flown out of JFK twice on SAA and Port Authority were fast, efficient and courtesy. Whole process took me and my friends 5 minutes.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 781 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I flew SAA from JFK to JHB in July with no issues. Port Authority was friendly and very curious about my rifle calibers and animals that I was going to hunt. I liked the lay flat beds and entertainment sytstem in business class better than those of KLM and Air France. Service was great and the food was good. Luggage and rifles arrived with no problems.

Posts: 61 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 12 February 2009Reply With Quote