THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    JoBerg Hotel recommendations

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JoBerg Hotel recommendations
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for a hotel close to the airport, just a quick overnite stay. Just a place to sleep, not interested in going out for a drinks or dinner or nightlife. Thanks

Posts: 161 | Location: United States | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
See my post below Overnight in Joberg.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Die! Will check em out

Posts: 161 | Location: United States | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I haven't stayed there in years, but we stayed at the Sandton Sun Airport Hotel, which was only a few minutes from the airport, and very nice. Perhaps some others AR members can elaborate on how that hotel is these days.

Posts: 3860 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I'm a great fan of the Intercontinental. It's right outside the airport terminal, has good food and a bar, air con and if you want a cheap meal or a wider choice of food (including an ocean basket) all you have to do is cross the road and go back into the airport.

Sure it's a bit more expensive than some other places but you can usually negotiate a best available rate and the comfort and convenience is brilliant.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 on the Intercontinental. I have stayed there 4 or 5 times. I have always been happy with it.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Afton House is always my choice. Not only do they have a meet and greet service, they have many other hunter stay there and give a chance to swap stories.

Dak

Posts: 495 | Location: USA | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zulu Nyala was great on my last trip!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Will the Intercontinetal hold guns for you overnight?

Posts: 481 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: 20 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
+1 for Afton House. It's just too easy. Meet and greet and return you to the airport. Plus, if you use Gracy travel, their representatives will walk you through all the way to immigration to make sure everything goes smoothly.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Cumming, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rxgremlin:
Steve,

Will the Intercontinetal hold guns for you overnight?

Yes. They have a large lock up store to the right hand side of reception.

Frankly, I'm not a fan of the Afton at all. I'd much rather pay a bit more and use the Intercontinental oe even the Holiday Bin.

One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
Afton House for me -- will be there this Sat in fact.
G

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 928 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Afton House as always.

Checked my VISA statement and paid $84.38 US in August 2009 for airport transfers plus room and breakfast.

Always clean, friendly and dependable.

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I have always stayed at the Holiday Inn -Garden Court which I understand is no longer a Holiday Inn. They have a shuttle service and have a steakhouse in the Motel,and the best breakfast Buffet I have ever partaken of. Rooms clean,quiet and were reasonabley priced. Have not been there in 2 years however.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We stayed at the Southern Sun Sept. 23, across the street from OR Tambo. Take the shuttle, as it is across a busy street. I don't know if you can walk there or not. We just got a porter and had him take us to the shuttle bus area. Loaded our baggage into the shuttle trailer and away we went. I just kept the rifle in the room with us. No problems.
We were delayed a day getting there due to flooding in Atlanta, so had to get a new booking through Safari Line. We called them from the airport here in the States and they rebooked our hotel and on going flight to ELS for us.
Hotel is clean, neat, good food. They meet you at the door with a glass of bubbly (I'm sure it was part of the bill though).
Around $170.00 for two, including dinner and breakfast.

Posts: 273 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Afton House.

I always stay 2 nights in JoBerg, just in case I have "baggage problems" never have...

But I do enjoy doing a little shoping, chilling out, and eating at the Italian resturant, and the Ocean Basket.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote