Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Case Customization
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted
I need some help, I'm taking a matched pair of O/U shotguns to Scotland this fall

for driven red grouse. I will be using a Hardigg Storm-Pelican case. Someone in

a previous thread posted a link to a company that does custom foam liners for these cases.

They did laser foam cuts from a template & even had custom color foam & logos/labeling.

Anyone able to steer me in the right direction. I've cut some foam myself & it just doesn't

come out as well as I would like? By the way I bought the hunt here on AR & will

be going with Kiri (Fallowbuck), did the same trip in 2013 & it was awesome!

Jim

Posts: 519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Jim, What guns are you taking ?

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used a white sharpie to mark mine and then cut with an electric turkey carving knife. Looks reasonably good and I didn't have to ship guns some where for perfect fit. I have a dozen cut inserts for everything from ARs to a Holland pair

Posts: 569 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
These guys were at DSC:

http://www.mycasebuilder.com/

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
Charlie,

I typically shoot much better with O/U's than with SxS's, so I picked

up a really nice matched pair of British O/U shotguns, they are 12 bore, 15 1/4" lop,

interchangeable chokes & 30" barrels. They fit me quite well & we are doing

a few days of driven pheasant & partridge, so this set-up should suffice!

Paul, "mycasebuilder" should work, I will contact them about more details.

Thanks agin for the info.

Jim

Posts: 519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BuffNut
posted Hide Post
Jungleboy,

You may be thinking of a photo I posted in my hunt report on my hunt in the Selous last year.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...531059702#2531059702

There's a great photo in that report of a case my buddy Dave Morin made for me to fit my Blaser with two barrels and two scopes - all custom foam with our group's "Amigos" logo in two colors, etc.

Dave is a Pelican distributor and mainly fills large scale government and commercial contracts for custom cases for weapons and other gear. His company is "Deployable Systems" and can be found at www.dscases.com. You can reach Dave by e-mail at davidm@dscases.com.

Dave made me a new cushion for my Pelican case for this year's trip to Mozambique to house the Blaser with one barrel and a different scope along with my double rifle. I'll put photos of that case in my hunt report in August.

Posts: 193 | Location: Cherry Log, Georgia | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With Quote