Tools

Cholera in Zambia
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
And I'm supposed to go tomorrow.

https://www.reuters.com/articl...holera-idUSKBN1EW0MZ

I think I'll stick to drinking Scotch (or gin) and beer.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
And I'm supposed to go tomorrow.

https://www.reuters.com/articl...holera-idUSKBN1EW0MZ

You've got the right idea! Have a great time!

Best regards, D. Nelson

I think I'll stick to drinking Scotch (or gin) and beer.

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
In the end I didn't go. Zambia has a new online visa application system. You don't get a visa, just a letter allowing you to present yourself to immigration upon arrival and pay for the visa. Anyway, the system forgot me (I got the letter on 10 January, application made on 22 December). Calling their number didn't help (nobody picked up the phone) and several e-mails with my dossier number didn't help either.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spent the month of October 2017 in Zambia. There was a report in the Lusaka Newspaper of about 20 cases of Cholera in the Lusaka area. Carry lots of hand sanitizer and frequently wash your hands in HOT soapy water. Eat cooked foods. The best advice, especially if you went in any of the public markets . Really doubt you will see much Cholera outside of Lusaka.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
In the end I didn't go. Zambia has a new online visa application system. You don't get a visa, just a letter allowing you to present yourself to immigration upon arrival and pay for the visa. Anyway, the system forgot me (I got the letter on 10 January, application made on 22 December). Calling their number didn't help (nobody picked up the phone) and several e-mails with my dossier number didn't help either.

It’s a shame you let that stop you.
Irrespective of the on line option you just buy your visa at the arrival gate , $50 U.S. for a thirty day tourist visa that can be extended up to a maximum 90 days total. The cholera outbreak is nothing new and can be mitigated with a few simple precautions.

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote