THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Rip Cord or Global Rescue Striaght Answer

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rip Cord or Global Rescue Striaght Answer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted
I have always used Global Rescue. Quick question. What happens if you are in the middle of the Canadian North West or Mongolia hunting Sheep and twist your knee or break ankle at a high altitude. Will they always send a helicopter? Yes, I read all of the Global Rescue emails about people that they have saved but does your life have to be in immediate danger. I think that most people that are going to venture in this environment will be willing to pay extra like what is offered by the Global Rescue high altitude package. I think that Global Rescue has the best service from what I have read.
My membership states that I am covered as long as I am 200 miles away from home. Six hundred dollars a year is a small price to pay if you can really count on their service.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I don't Global Rescue has a distance limit.

At least I have not seen it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67044 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WLW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I don't Global Rescue has a distance limit.

At least I have not seen it.

When I bought my policy, they told me I need to be 200 miles from home.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4821014232

"He Who Farts in Church, Must Sit in Own Pew".

Posts: 363 | Location: Moorpark, CA | Registered: 18 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

From the Global Rescue Terms of Service:

“Traveling” – When a Member is located more than 100 miles from their Home Address they are deemed to be Traveling for the purposes of Service eligibility...

In regards to the differences, Global Rescue provides amazing infield care and access to doctors at Johns Hopkins from what I have experienced over the years. Quite a few African travelers have had medical emergencies/concerns that did not require evacuation but access to informed doctors. GR has always impressed me with their responsiveness.

I do not have any direct or indirect experience with Ripcord or any of the other medical transport services.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
From my understanding Black Water use to be the real deal when they were in business. It was expensive but they would come most anywhere and get you. I know of one family from New Orleans that used Black Water to get them out during Katrina. I do not think people even no about all of the looters that got shot during that catastrophe.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Global_Rescue
posted Hide Post
@Capt. Purvis -

Global Rescue services take effect any time a member is 100 miles or further from their home address listed on the membership. Global Rescue will perform an evacuation if a member has a condition that requires inpatient hospitalization OR has a condition that requires emergency medical care to avoid serious and permanent impairment to one's health and the member is unable to get to a medical facility.

Here are a few recent examples of Global Rescue providing assistance to members in need:

- MEDICAL -

ALASKA – A member was climbing in Alaska when he fell and suffered a broken foot and dislocated ankle, leaving him unable to walk. He was transported to a local medical facility for stabilization before being brought home.

AUSTRIA – A competitive skier suffered a compound fracture of his tibia and fibula while training in Austria, requiring evacuation to a local medical facility. He was then medically evacuated back home to the United States.

AUSTRIA – A member complained of heel and ankle pain while skiing in Austria. Global Rescue’s medical operations staff advised the member on treatment, and called ahead to a local medical facility to make sure the member’s injury would be treated properly. The member later returned home to the United States following discharge from the facility.

BAHAMAS – The Global Rescue Ops team advised the dean of an international school regarding a student who had become ill, without proper access to necessary medications. Ops selected a nearby hospital, recommended the student be evaluated there and confirmed the student’s diagnosis.

COLORADO – A member suffered a severe knee injury while traveling in Colorado. Although she did not require medical evacuation, Global Rescue arranged for her travel back to her home in business class on a commercial airline, as well as her ground arrangements in her home city. Global Rescue also recommended an orthopedic surgeon to treat her upon her arrival at home.

COSTA RICA – A member complained of suffering from five days of severe abdominal pain. The member, who previously suffered an internal infection, required medical attention while traveling in Costa Rica. Global Rescue located and investigated a nearby facility and determined it would be able to handle the member’s ailment. After a short hospital stay, the member was discharged with good vitals and lab results.

BAJA (MEXICO) – A member suffered serious injuries in a motorcycle accident while traveling in Mexico. The member had to be field rescued from the site of the accident to a local medical facility, and was then medically evacuated to his home hospital of choice in the United States.

MEXICO – While traveling in Mexico City, a member suffered a detached retina. Global Rescue medical personnel were able to advise and arrange surgery for the member, who is now on the path to full recovery.

MYANMAR – While traveling in Myanmar, a member began to suffer serious gastrointestinal issues. The member’s tour guide reached Global Rescue, and our operations staff was able to locate a doctor who would make a house call from a nearby medical facility to provide treatment.

RUSSIA – An employee of one of Global Rescue’s partners began complaining of abdominal issues while training in Russia. The employee ended up requiring an emergency appendectomy, after which Global Rescue provided medical transport back to the employee’s home in the United States.

SPAIN – While traveling in Spain, a member suffered a broken leg after being struck by a large metal trunk. Global Rescue secured air and ground ambulance transport from her location in Spain back to New York City, where she underwent surgery. Global Rescue also arranged air and ground transportation for the member’s return home from New York.

SYRIA – Medical operations personnel from Global Rescue advised the doctor of a member who fell into a coma as a result of malaria while in Syria.

- SECURITY -

ENGLAND – The Global Rescue Intelligence Services Team handled requests from our clients to locate and confirm the safety of employees who were in Manchester, England, at the time of the May 22 terror attack at an arena in the city.

MOROCCO – A member who was traveling solo in Morocco lost her U.S. passport. Although she was told by local authorities that she would be granted the proper documents for travel, she reached out to Global Rescue’s security operations team, which had concerns about the validity of those documents. Ops instead provided instructions for obtaining an emergency passport from the U.S. Consulate in Casablanca, and then researched flights to bring her to Italy, where she is currently enrolled as a student.