New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air service to/in Tanzania
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Starting to get reservations lined up for October. I've always done the KLM Houston to Amsterdam/Dar route. The only frustrating part is the Dutch firearms permit that doesn't arrive until the week before you leave.

Other potential options apparently are Turkish Airways via Istanbul and Qatar via Doha. Anyone taken one of those options? I'm not inclined to change, but was just curious about your experiences, firearms permits/requirements, etc.

Also, I've been told that Fastjet was the only commercial airlines currently offering service between Dar and Mbeya. While one AR member has sent me a PM indicating that his experience with Fastjet on that route was positive, does anyone know if Precision Air still offers that route?

Posts: 10011 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Several members here are flying Emirates.

They fly direct Houston-Dubai-Dar.

May be you should look at that.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did the Istanbul route, it was nice and smooth. Turkish airlines is great. Their comfort class is a bargain.

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
We're flying Air Ethiopia from Washington Dulles to Addis Ababa in August. We have

a 2-3 hour layover then fly on to Kilimanjaro/Arusha. We have a 5 day plains game hunt

in Masailand, followed by 5 days touring (Ngorogoro,...) with our wives. We

were able to use frequent flyer miles to get Business/First for the entire trip.

We looked at Turkish Airlines options, but there were no upgradeable seats available.

Hope this helps, just another option?

Jim

Posts: 519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lavaca,

BA flies to Dar also and would be my choice.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12867 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the comments. I'll definitely check out Emirates and BA.

Posts: 10011 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Turkish as well. Any firearms permits required for transit on Turkish Air?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Apparently FastJet has pushed Precision Air out of the Dar/Mbeya route.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can I please get rid of that April fools reference. I responded to Saeed's joke and now it is on the end of every post. Moderators? Help Please?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You may have added that as your signature.

You need to go in and edit your profile.

Go > Personal Zone > Profile

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Starting to get reservations lined up for October. I've always done the KLM Houston to Amsterdam/Dar route. The only frustrating part is the Dutch firearms permit that doesn't arrive until the week before you leave.

Other potential options apparently are Turkish Airways via Istanbul and Qatar via Doha. Anyone taken one of those options? I'm not inclined to change, but was just curious about your experiences, firearms permits/requirements, etc.

Also, I've been told that Fastjet was the only commercial airlines currently offering service between Dar and Mbeya. While one AR member has sent me a PM indicating that his experience with Fastjet on that route was positive, does anyone know if Precision Air still offers that route?

Precision Air used to fly to Mbeya. FYI.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Used to fly is the operative phrase. Thanks Storms.

Bobby thanks, but how do you edit your profile? Where do you start?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bobby, I think I figured it out. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Sorry to hear Precision isn't flying to Mbeya anymore, but I'm glad there is a commercial carrier still available. Saves me about 8 grand each way. That's half the taxidermy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not good at math: More like 20%

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Bobby, I think I figured it out. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Sorry to hear Precision isn't flying to Mbeya anymore, but I'm glad there is a commercial carrier still available. Saves me about 8 grand each way. That's half the taxidermy.

What block are you hunting? Keep your eye on Precision, they may start service up again.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Michel Mantheakis' Lukwati block.