New
Find
Notify
Tools

Atlanta Delta Skyclub
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
More packed that a Bombay commuter train.

Cant find a seat - this sucks.

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck brother.

Atlanta is a tough airport, especially with the weather conditions.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
That'll be changing with the new costs being implemented.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Delta about this in LAX two weeks ago. The problem I think is that they have way too many AMEX card members using the facility, as well as the fact that Diamond members get in free. Thanks to rolling over miles and the 20K MQMs you get with the AMEX card, it is easier than ever to get Diamond status.

Graybird is right; things will be changing. Gone are the three year memberships for $500. Then new membership will not even allow you to bring in family members, unless you pay the "Executive" fee of $700 plus. That totally sucks.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
Where is the delta sky club, relative to boarding delta for Jo'Burg? We have a 6 hour layover and plan to use 3 to retrieve the guns from SW and check them with Delta. Leaves us with at least 2 hours to spare, and the sky club (in May) might be nice to use.

Smiler

Posts: 742 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H T:
Where is the delta sky club, relative to boarding delta for Jo'Burg? We have a 6 hour layover and plan to use 3 to retrieve the guns from SW and check them with Delta. Leaves us with at least 2 hours to spare, and the sky club (in May) might be nice to use.

Smiler

The flight to Joburg will leave out of either the E or F concourse. If in E, there is one towards the center of the concourse near the fast food court. If in F, there is one on the second level above where the escalators take you down to the train. Just take the escalators up and hang a left.

Graybird

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
I spoke with Delta about this in LAX two weeks ago. The problem I think is that they have way too many AMEX card members using the facility, as well as the fact that Diamond members get in free. Thanks to rolling over miles and the 20K MQMs you get with the AMEX card, it is easier than ever to get Diamond status.

Graybird is right; things will be changing. Gone are the three year memberships for $500. Then new membership will not even allow you to bring in family members, unless you pay the "Executive" fee of $700 plus. That totally sucks.

I am one of the free loaders - fly coach and use amex to get lounge access

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just checked Delta's web site. Looks like you can't buy a 30 day pass anymore either. Worked perfect on several trips.

Posts: 835 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did the Atl / Frk / Whk route for the fifth time last August. Because I made and paid for reservations the previous October, I was exempt from the Air Namibia "surcharge" of $100 each way between Frk and Whk for my gun case, which became effective May 1,2014.Also, be aware of the German gun import permit now required if you transit Frankfurt with guns,even if no claim and recheck of luggage is done in Frankfurt and check bags all the way through to Windhoek. That permit requires a $20 Euro app. fee and application with at least 4 weeks lead time. Added to the cost is the wire transfer fee.All together,the flights and routing via Frk. now costs some $300 more today than in the past. There is also the cost of a "day" room in Frk and meals( which will add ANOTHER $200) to consider... I no longer use The Atl/Frk/Whk
route. Air Namibia IS the only airline flying from Europe (Frk) to Windhoek.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

I am one of the free loaders - fly coach and use amex to get lounge access

i have a Delta/Amex card but i have never heard of SkyClub access on coach tickets bought with the card. does it take a certain type of Amex card-i.e a black one( mine is a platinum card)??

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13446 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

i have a Delta/Amex card but i have never heard of SkyClub access on coach tickets bought with the card. does it take a certain type of Amex card-i.e a black one( mine is a platinum card)??

A Delta/Amex will not get you in the SkyClub (unless it is a Delta Reserve card) even if it is a Platinum. You have to have at least a regular Platinum Amex or Delta Reserve card. I have a business Platinum and it gets me into the SkyClub along with two traveling companions.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
thanks for the info. i was on hold for 2 hours last night to Delta trying to get an answer. finally went to bed at 22:00 after leaving a call back number. the bastards called at 06:15 today but my cell phone was in the office and i missed the call. i guess customer service is a thing of the past at Delta. BTW, Jorge, i will be in Savannah in 2 weeks for my nephew's wedding. i was born and raised in SW GA, but have never been to Savannah, so i am looking forward to the visit. my BIL tells me we will visit a bar there that serves 256 different single malt Scots whiskeys. sounds like heaven to me.....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13446 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
quote:
...BTW, Jorge, i will be in Savannah in 2 weeks for my nephew's wedding. i was born and raised in SW GA, but have never been to Savannah, so i am looking forward to the visit. my BIL tells me we will visit a bar there that serves 256 different single malt Scots whiskeys. sounds like heaven to me.....

I wish I had known about this bar last week when I was in Savannah. I'd have to agree that it sounds like heaven. I'd like to hear a report after you go there.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jorge400:
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

A Delta/Amex will not get you in the SkyClub (unless it is a Delta Reserve card) even if it is a Platinum. You have to have at least a regular Platinum Amex or Delta Reserve card. I have a business Platinum and it gets me into the SkyClub along with two traveling companions.

The two guests goes away after May 1.

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
The two guests will still be allowed dependent upon the membership package you purchase. One packages doesn't allow guests, while the more expensive one does.

Graybird

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Getting rid of the rif raf.

Airlines pissed off their business travelers by letting the little people in on the perks.

Trying to win them back.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I think the meat of the problem started when Delta allowed Club access when signing up for one of their AMEX cards. Once that started, I noticed a huge increase in the amount of people in every single club while the problem wasn't limited to a single location either!

I suspect the increased cost of the memberships will weed out the casual business traveler. I also suspect that businesses who don't cover the cost of the club membership for their employees will see an increase in their bar tabs on said employees expense accounts. I already know of a few people within my company who will not be renewing their memberships, so the company will take it on the chin with bar tabs while waiting for flights versus getting the "free" drinks in the club.

Graybird

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by graybird:
I think the meat of the problem started when Delta allowed Club access when signing up for one of their AMEX cards. Once that started, I noticed a huge increase in the amount of people in every single club while the problem wasn't limited to a single location either!

I suspect the increased cost of the memberships will weed out the casual business traveler. I also suspect that businesses who don't cover the cost of the club membership for their employees will see an increase in their bar tabs on said employees expense accounts. I already know of a few people within my company who will not be renewing their memberships, so the company will take it on the chin with bar tabs while waiting for flights versus getting the "free" drinks in the club.

I buy the club memberships for my guys if they are Gold are higher. But what really pisses me off is when a guy who has a club membership bills me for a bar beer in the airport.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by graybird:
The two guests will still be allowed dependent upon the membership package you purchase. One packages doesn't allow guests, while the more expensive one does.

True, but i was referring to the AMEX memberships. The deal with AMEX screwed up everything.

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:

True, but i was referring to the AMEX memberships. The deal with AMEX screwed up everything.

Boy, ain't that the truth!!!

Graybird

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am in the LAX Delta club now. Place is overrun with small kids. I guess maybe they do need to do something...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spend a fair amount of time in the United Club in San Francisco and you would think you were in Tokyo or Shanghai. All asians and no seats there either.

Posts: 121 | Location: Creswell Oregon | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With Quote